Close

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: EMUSA info

No A/F gauge, but there is datalog for me lol, aslong as i could drive it and have it tuned, i checked out prices for a tow and got quoted 300+

Yeah just drive it with my tune or the greddy 10psi one in kmanager, I drove mine a week or so with the 10psi tune and it was so rich there wasn't any real chance of doing damage but I wasn't doing WOT pulls all the time either. Where are you? Ontario? Man, thats steep for a tow. I could get towed from one end of the province to the other for 300.

Yeah, I'll keep looking for a better tow service, in the mean time, this wait for the kit and all the other things i ordered is madly killing me lol, I'm located in the GTA area 30-40kms away from Toronto

man AAA out here is like $100 for 4 tows within 50 miles. or something...

ephatch member
    You people with the kit need to start posting dyno sheets. I picked up a rebuilt EMUSA turbo today for $80 that has Garrett internals. The seller said he rebuilt it before he used it, ran it for 10k and it was good when he took it off to put a new one on. There was no shaft play or issues with the bearings, but he decided to rebuild it anyways incase he needed to run it. He is running an EMUSA turbo rebuilt with garrett internals and maintaining 16psi for almost 20k now.

dyno is coming,CRSX fucked me on shipping for my last parts, so after my exhaust is done, 500 miles are driven, i'll have a tune made and i'll post it up. any dynos posted will be added to the first post.

mutherfuck. alternator is bad. the bad news never stops. almost 10k views on this thread too lol.

ephatch member
    that sucks. How long til you get the tune?

pay day (thursday) i'll be ordering a new alternator. probably get it monday and have it installed tuesday. then base map. -___-

Hey guys, recently recieved my kit this afternoon, all seems to be there except for heat wrap and intercooler mounting hardware? just wondering if any of you had your included in the kit?

and another question would be is,
    Where would i mount the IAT sensor when i install the turbo? theres no hole for it anywhere ..

No no heat wrap is included in the kit, 3 bolts for the intercooler were included but I didn't use them. I just drilled a hole for the IAT in the pipe with the BOV flange in it, with a grommet and a bit of sealant to make sure it wouln't blow out or leak. Its not ideal but it works. I'm going to post up some pics of how I mounted it, its pretty easy and can be done by anyone with basic tools.

Brackets, 2 short ones on top long one on the bottom

Brackets bolted to top of intercooler, make the holes a bit big so you have room to make small adjustments once its on the bumper.
    Last edited by japarossa; 04-26-2011 at 06:41 PM.

I need a new elbow charge pipe with the HKS SSQV flange. The hole for the IAT drilled in it is too close to the throttle. Ugh, I can't seem to be able to order it by itself without buying another intercooler kit.

I would just take that pipe to a machine shop and have the old hole welded shut and then drill your new one. How close to the TB is it? Mine is pretty close to the intake aswell and I never had any problems with it not working/reading properly.

Well the problem is that it barely has enough pipe to grip onto the coupler, also since the pipe sticks out further because of this, it's a super tight fit for my BOV and it rubs on my battery a little when the engine torques.

On top of all of this, I can't seem to completely get rid of my turbo flutter. At first the knock off SSQV that came with the piping never opened, so I purchased a real HKS SSQV Ver. III as a replacement. Now when I release the throttle, the BOV opens fully and quickly but I still hear slight flutter. The Ver. III of the SSQV isn't adjustable so I can't do anything to make it softer.

It's really starting to annoy and piss me off. I'm starting to think that the location of the flange is too far downstream from the turbo.

what wastegate do you have?

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information