Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Sorry to bring a dead thread but is there only one version of the obx header the V2? They dont make the version one no more? Im in a process of doing a k24a2 swap would this header be a good setup?

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    the OBX is good but i would advise finding like a PLM header or Kidd racing which is the same just different reference. these are RSX based headers, you will find em on club RSX, and to run these you would need to run a Type S kind of midpipe with an EP3 axleback ..

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    the OBX is good but i would advise finding like a PLM header or Kidd racing which is the same just different reference. these are RSX based headers, you will find em on club RSX, and to run these you would need to run a Type S kind of midpipe with an EP3 axleback ..
    Thanks. Im planning on doing the megan midpipe with the stock ep axelback also. So what is the real difference with the obx and plm anyways? Besides $200 more? If itw only 1-2 hp then the obx is bung for the buck.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    what most people would say and just my experience seeing a good RH and a not so good RH is the quality and longevity. I cant say anything for the obx but I have a DCRH and my buddy has a BCRH and boy what a difference. Hope this helps in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    what most people would say and just my experience seeing a good RH and a not so good RH is the quality and longevity. I cant say anything for the obx but I have a DCRH and my buddy has a BCRH and boy what a difference. Hope this helps in any way.
    Men now im stock either the plm or obx. If the obx last for 2-4 years then i guess im ok with the obx then.

its up to you. I mean you know the better quality is from everyones response its just up to you if the extra 200 is worth it in your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    its up to you. I mean you know the better quality is from everyones response its just up to you if the extra 200 is worth it in your opinion
    Ill just save up the extra cash then for the plm. new obx v2 rh is 270 shipped from most place where the plm rh is $415 pickup from south SF. So its only $135 difference.

i know phil is selling one for 400 shipped. hit him up maybe he will hook you up with a deal

I wonder if the megan midpipe will bolt up to the PLM header? I know the obx will because a couple of member had that set up before?

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    if the megan midpipe is for a Type S then yes, as long as you get the test pipe with the header too.. so when u buy the header it goes to a 2 bolt flange, then there is a 12" or so test pipe that gives the 3 bolt pattern for the midpipe, since most of the plm headers are RSX specific the midpipe needs to be RSX S specific and you would run an ep3 spec C section(axleback) .. pretty simple shizzz my man

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    if the megan midpipe is for a Type S then yes, as long as you get the test pipe with the header too.. so when u buy the header it goes to a 2 bolt flange, then there is a 12" or so test pipe that gives the 3 bolt pattern for the midpipe, since most of the plm headers are RSX specific the midpipe needs to be RSX S specific and you would run an ep3 spec C section(axleback) .. pretty simple shizzz my man
    Thanks. Im still leaning towards the obx rh as of now since i have the stock axelback and i will just need a megan midpipe then. Budget is still a factor here and the obx seems like having a good review from all over the place.

I made this thread 2 years ago and my header is still fine. Really good material. I drive a lot since I have to commute to school and work 5 days a week. I put about 30k on it already and still no problem. The guy I got it from had it on his k24 ep also that's the reason why I got it.

I was planning on gettin the Megan mid pipe too but never had a chance. I have the 06 dc5-s mid pipe and want to use it so bad but I haven't came across a cheap rh for it yet to put on lol

I bought an obx header won't fit around my sway bar! Not very pleased

ill take it

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hondakiller View Post
    I bought an obx header won't fit around my sway bar! Not very pleased
    Is your car stock?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information