Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Hey man I have a jmercado aftercooler on mine. the core which goes in the manifold is the old version like his very first one but I have the new heat exchanger. The rsx version of the heat exchanger shares the same mounting points as the a/c condenser but us ep3's have a different condenser so I cut off the top tabs on mine and welded new ones on top which then gets bolted to the crash bar. and the bottom mounting points are the same location as the rsx so those are fine.

If you keep a/c the lines get in the way some, the one that goes over the snout is pretty close and the hose underneath going from compressor to condenser is bent in a stupid way so I bought items from encoredc5 to make my own. Right now my rad is out so after work tomorrow I can get you a picture of how I have the lines ran.
    Kick ass man. I should be the owner of a complete A2 head tomorrow + a2 oil pump. Now I just need a CRV short block so I can have 09 TSX internals installed (11.1:1 comp vs 10.5:1 in the TSXs before 09. I'd go after market internals but nothing can beat OEM!! Plus I've read that the TSX internals can hold ~400whp.

I'll be posting pic of the build as parts arrive and then I'll have some pics of when the car is done. Not to mention a copy of the dyno sheet. If I can run 12lbs of boost on the RSX blower along with my motor setup and meth injection ~320-340whp should easily attainable!

I've thought of selling the meth kit and a few other parts just so I can go aftercooler instead. Not having to fill up another "fuel" tank would be nice. Plus my EP is happy too, haha

Pictures as promised

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Pictures as promised
    I'm jelly.

my vote?
    a2 head, rsx jrsc manifold, and jmercado aftercooler.
    Do some more research on blown k24's, I've got no clue about what pulleys you should be using

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    my vote?
    a2 head, rsx jrsc manifold, and jmercado aftercooler.
    Do some more research on blown k24's, I've got no clue about what pulleys you should be using
    That my vote too man, haha. Also its dependant on how long the blower rebuild takes. Anyone interested in a rebuilt EP3 JRSC with 440cc RC Injectors? ;)

I've done a lot of research on the SC K24s. Its how I picked my setup (mainly the tsx internals vs aftermarket - OEM FTMFW)

Whole thing with this build is I want to be sure I everything is in tip top shape since everything is out of the engine bay AND I want another 90whp :) I know my blower is fine right now but might as well rebuild it since its off anyways type of thing. This car usually is my DD and I want to drive it again. I miss my EP.

Thread Information