Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Help - Seibon Mugen Lip install

Hey guys! I'll cut to it:

I have the Seibon Mugen Lip, and I'm having difficulty with the fitment. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever installed their lip???

I've cut the holes properly, so that is not my issue. It goes over the holes, but it almost seems like the shape/profile of the lip itself isn't right...I can't even seem to pull it back enough to wrap around the bumper. I spent an entire day on this, with no luck. I even cut the holes a little larger so the lip vents fit perfectly. I just don't understand how it doesn't seem to wrap around properly. My bumper is stock OEM otherwise...

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

Pictures would help? It takes a lot of tugging.

Quote Originally Posted by team ERA 5 View Post
    Pictures would help? It takes a lot of tugging.
    Unfortunately I do not. I had to put my HFP lip back on at the end of the day. I just doesn't seem long enough even with some tugging, and the shape seems a bit off around where the bumper curves. I assume I'm not supposed to remove the bumper to put it on? I'm really confused...

Wonder if it's the JDM fitment lip...

Quote Originally Posted by Type_R_Nammer View Post
    Wonder if it's the JDM fitment lip...
    I hope not. I've got their hood, and it's fine. It's supposed to be 'direct fit over stock bumper'. I expected some issues, but this is just stupid. Maybe I'll take pics next weekend...what a bummer :( .

Damn i wanted this lip but i guess now im not gettin it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    Damn i wanted this lip but i guess now im not gettin it!
    Yea, I wouldn't recommend it. The quality of their CF is always really good, but otherwise, it's useless. At this point, I don't think I'll get it to work magically. I'm wondering if anyone else has it out there??

dont worry about jdm fitment, i havent seen a jdm mugen lip in carbon fiber for years. the only thing you can really do is just to keep trying.
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    dont worry about jdm fitment, i havent seen a jdm mugen lip in carbon fiber for years. the only thing you can really do is just to keep trying.
    Hey Charles :) ! The thought of that is somewhat of a relief...Seibon also says, unless specified, it's US fit. I'll see if I have time next weekend again.

you may want to remove the bumper to fit the lip on. When we installed my buddies we found it 100 times easier to fit the lip with the bumper off the car. It'll give you more leverage.

When i did mine, it was the same. The lip would not go around. You need two people to do the install. A little bit of pulling on each side. I didn't think that it would fit and at any moment, I thought from pulling the lip so hard that it'll break. The end result was that the lip fit, but my bumper had scratchs.

note: I pulled so hard, very extremely hard, that it seemed unbelieveable that the product didn't break.

Oh man, thanks soo much for the help/insight/tips guys!! Very much appreciated. I'll keep everything in mind and give it another shot next weekend. *fingers crossed*

When I did my lip it was the tightest fit ever. Make sure you trim your holes large enough because one of mine wasn't large enough so it put to much tension when I was pulling it on that it cracked a little, but mine is fiberglass so it's probably weaker. It took me and 2 friends to put it on so just be persistent good luck!

I see. Many thanks for the help. I got really frustrated on the weekend. I've never dealt with such ridiculous fitment in the past. I'll give it another shot as soon as I get some time (hopefully this weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by [Sip] View Post
    I see. Many thanks for the help. I got really frustrated on the weekend. I've never dealt with such ridiculous fitment in the past. I'll give it another shot as soon as I get some time (hopefully this weekend).
    good luck! take some pics if you finish. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information