Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-X View Post
Alright hopefully somebody reads this, coz I didn't want to start yet another "de-haze my headlights" thread.
I've got a '96 Accord DD, and the headlights are a little hazy. Problem is, the surface looks almost like clearcoat peeling off or something. Am I going to have to wet sand these to make them nice again?
If so, what grits should I use?
You might be surprised to know that it might not actually be a clearcoat that's peeling.. It might actually be the outer OEM UV-protective layer of film.

Either way, it definitely needs to be resurfaced through a high-grit wetsanding.

I've wetsanded 3 sets myself. I always went all the way up to 1,500 grit, but where I went wrong was not re-clearcoating them.

I HIGHLY recommend clearcoating them with some hi-heat UV-protective clear though (I think VHT makes some). Otherwise, the headlights won't only need to be redone after a few months to a year; but without that UV protection, the lenses will bake to an irreversible yellow hue.

Just make sure to allow each layer of clearcoat to cure. ESPECIALLY the last layer, so it's hard enough for you to really get down on sanding it finely, polishing and buffing in during the final stages.

It's a lot of work and I don't know how much your "time is money," so I couldn't tell you if it's worth it or not, but... I hope that helps.