Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: k24a1 or k24a4

k24a1 or k24a4

Im stuck in a delimma. I can go with a k24a1 for 1400 shipped or a k24a4 for 1000 shipped. I have the money for it. I cant decide. My future plans is doing the valve train w/ mild port and valve angle job w/ jsrc. I know if I want to go for a head swap it would be the a1. But I like economy vtec style. Is there a big difference in the heads?

The valvetrain doesn't have too big of a difference (if any) and the flow is similiar (if not the same). the big difference is the pistons, the k24a1 pistons are compatible with the k20a2/z1/z3 heads while the k24a4 pistons aren't.

hence the higher demand/price for the K24a1 imo

The k24a1 head has a better flow so you can get much more out of the a1 head vs the a4 head.

Quote Originally Posted by bolaep3 View Post
    The k24a1 head has a better flow so you can get much more out of the a1 head vs the a4 head.
    Has there actually been data proving that the A1 flows better than the A4 head?

I've seen the flow data for A1 vs. RSX-A2 vs. TSX-A2 heads. Are the casting for A1 and A4 different?

Honestly I have not found a proven chart such as the one that you and I have seen(A1 vs A2(TSX) vs A2(RSX-S). However I do know on this website kmodperformance.com they use the A4 head for their lower hp applications and the A1 for the higher hp applications. When I asked why they used the A1 for more power the builder said the head outflows the A4 head. I believe in his experience and also have yet to see a build A4 out perform a A1 head.

cool, learn something new everyday =]

dam 1400 for a k24a1 you need to pm papituyo form the longblock vender on here you might be able to get it a lil cheaper and he has a but load of vouches from ephatch,clubrsx,k20a,honda-tech etc. i got mines from him for 1200 at the time
    Last edited by ep3jd; 01-11-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: forgot lub patern!!

Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI View Post
    dam 1400 for a k24a1 you need to pm papituyo form the longblock vender on here you might be able to get it a lil cheaper and he has a but load of vouches from ephatch,clubrsx,k20a,honda-tech etc. i got mines from him for 1200 at the time
    got my k24a1 for 950 and k24a2 for 1350. both low miles.

Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI View Post
    I've been quoted:
    (k24a1) 1400 shipped was from papituyo.
    (k24a4) 1000 shipped from hmotorsonline.com.

You also live in Florida. Papituyo is located in Florida.

Im goin with the a1 because i have jus heard better things in general. Dont have to deal with egr and they hold boost way better. Also can put any head you want on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    I've been quoted:
    (k24a1) 1400 shipped was from papituyo.
    (k24a4) 1000 shipped from hmotorsonline.com.

You also live in Florida. Papituyo is located in Florida.
    that is true

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    Im goin with the a1 because i have jus heard better things in general. Dont have to deal with egr and they hold boost way better. Also can put any head you want on it.
    yep just got through slapping a k24a2 head on mine's night and day

Why is everyone neglecting to tell this kid that the jrsc isn't meant for the 2 4 and won't make power?

if your gonna supercharge it get a kraftwerks kit, the jackson racing kit wont make anything near to what you want and is a waste of money. If you look at jackson racings website, you can see they dont sell that style supercharger for obvious reasons

http://www.jacksonracing.com/

ephatch member
    they don't sell that kit, because they sold the licensing to it years ago to moss performance. When you do something like that, generally there will be a competition clause. A JRSC will still make good power on a k24, I don't know why you would say it wouldn't. The extra displacement of a k24a1 or a4 will make more than a k20a3. Yes a kraftwerks kit would outperform it, but it will cost you 3x of the cost of a used jrsc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information