Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My ride and it's upcomming swap.

I drive a 2003 SSM EP3 that I have had for about 5 years now. Great car. I used to auto-x it, and most of the time won my class, D Modified. I also take it to the drag stip every once in a while. Best time was a 15.2 with a crappy 2.4 60 foot. The car was having major issues then. The same issues have gotten worse, and now have lead me to a swap. It has a Carbon fiber hood, Riax Moza wheels, V2 intake, custom exaust made by a friend of mine that owns a shop, and soon to be a full k20z3 swap. I have toyed around with the car for years now, used to have a ZEX 50 shot on it. I used to have Tein Flex coilovers on it with an EDFC, and also used to have a buddy club body kit, from when I bought it used. I have also had a wider variety of wheels on it than I care to remember. It is a blast to work on, and fun to drive, but between wanting 14s in the 1/4, traction out of turns, and motor issues that keep going down hill, I decided to get ahold of Pappy here on the forum. He has been an awesome guy to work with on the purchase of the motor, and has been nothing but a great help. But enough of the borring talk, and onto the part that the 98 percent of the people that open this thread will actually pay attention to. Time for pix.

Back when I first got it

Back when I had the Drag wheels on it

And now for some upcomming parts for the swap

Last edited by racerex36; 04-25-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Nice!! Good luck with the swap!

niiiceee!

awesome soon-to-be swap. i hope everything goes on smoothly

nice,everything looks good keep us updated with the swap

If my ADD doesn't get the best of me, I will be taking pictures step by step. There are a few build threads, but no really good pictures to go with the instrustions. I am really excited to get this done. I am going to take it to a local prtable dyno as soon as I break it in thoroughly. I am even more excited to make some runs down the 1320, and hit up some more auto-x. It's been so long since the car could do much of anything but get from A to B. Next I am going to save up and spring for coilovers again, and a Nitrous Express kit, and throw some 65hp jets in it. By the end of the year, I want to see solid 13 second slips that I can back up.

good luck with the swap

best thing you ever did was get rid of that buddy club kit.

Keep posting pics as the swap and build progresses.
    Good Luck with everything, and if you get in a snag post your questions. We'll be happy to help you my man.

DAMN man looking good on the motor pics

and i know youre trying to reach 13s or lower with NOS, but a homie of mine in his fg2 (same motor as the swap youre doing) hits mid-high 12s with a built head and a few transmission goodies. good luck and keep us updated dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    DAMN man looking good on the motor pics

and i know youre trying to reach 13s or lower with NOS, but a homie of mine in his fg2 (same motor as the swap youre doing) hits mid-high 12s with a built head and a few transmission goodies. good luck and keep us updated dude!
    thats your friend? haha he goes to sac raceway all the time. black fg right? well he got a 12.1 on ips stg 2 cams full bolt ons and flashpro. well he did do it with slicks. not to mention he's a hell of a driver i got to say

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    thats your friend? haha he goes to sac raceway all the time. black fg right? well he got a 12.1 on ips stg 2 cams full bolt ons and flashpro. well he did do it with slicks. not to mention he's a hell of a driver i got to say
    it's like a brown/gold/silver imo haha idunno about black. we used to work together until round table closed down, but yeah the guy is nuts when it comes to driving in a straight line. ive seen him race s/c cars, turbo cars, n/a cars and most times he wins

The a3 is ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunatelly, my camera's card took a crap and I can't load my pix. I am going to take more with one of my other cameras, but the progrees pix throughout will have to wait. The way I look at it, I'm about 1/3 of the way done. Now it's time to swap parts over, drop the new one in on Friday, and hopefull fire it up on Saturday, Sunday at the latest.

That's a mighty clean engine you have there ;)

Looking forward to following the progress!
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Thanks Dave. I am taking tonight and tomorrow to swap over everthing to the new motor. I have a new clutch kit, and 10.5lb flywheel going on. I am dropping it in if everything goes well, Friday after work. I really want to fire it up Saturday after work, Sunday morning at the latest. I am taking my time, doing things thoroughly. Starting on the hard stuff tomorrow, dakota digital box, and shift linkage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information