Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by DJQuikFingaz

There's always change.
    I wasn't involved with the import "Scene" or whatever you want to call it in the mid to late 90's but I guarantee that there were many people just like us who doubted Honda would ever bring the US the Integra Type R and then in 1998 they did! I personally think its only a matter of time until we see the CTR here - it just makes too much sense especially in todays auto market. Almost all major companies are attempting to cash in on sport compacts but where Honda is losing its firm grip which it has held for all these many years. The King must lay down the law.

Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

I wasn't involved with the import "Scene" or whatever you want to call it in the mid to late 90's but I guarantee that there were many people just like us who doubted Honda would ever bring the US the Integra Type R and then in 1998 they did! I personally think its only a matter of time until we see the CTR here - it just makes too much sense especially in todays auto market. Almost all major companies are attempting to cash in on sport compacts but where Honda is losing its firm grip which it has held for all these many years. The King must lay down the law.
    I want it sooooo bad. It gets me soooooo worked up. I'm pathetic :D

The Ass Shaker Mod DJQuikFingaz's Avatar
    I wasn't involved with the import "Scene" or whatever you want to call it in the mid to late 90's but I guarantee that there were many people just like us who doubted Honda would ever bring the US the Integra Type R and then in 1998 they did! I personally think its only a matter of time until we see the CTR here - it just makes too much sense especially in todays auto market. Almost all major companies are attempting to cash in on sport compacts but where Honda is losing its firm grip which it has held for all these many years. The King must lay down the law
    Exactly man! All it's gonna take is time. People act like "OH IT WILL NEVER COME HERE" but common if people ask for it they will get it, but all in time.

MagusDC5
    True, but Honda is only in it for the money, which theyve proved time and time again. What is their main concern for bringing the R's? "They are limited production and we dont want to spend so much money on crash tests for a car that will only sell 1000 Units". Add octane issues with the new Integra Type R and how it would conflict with Type S being their highest trim just adds more drama. :(

This thread could go on foreever, or at least until the type R comes over.. everything everyone has said about the type R coming over makes alot of sense. includung whoever it was that said us Si owners dont want it to come over... in my case thats true too... i bought my EX in 99 thinking i got the top of the line civic, 1 month later came the Si, damn! i buy the Si in 02 thinking i got the top of the line this time, damn if it comes over i'll be second again!!!! Well, i plan to force induce my Si, so it might be better condsidering the type r is meant to be N/A. but still, type R just looks so pretty on your car!!!

The Ass Shaker Mod DJQuikFingaz's Avatar
    Another "rumor"???? I remember seeing this in my magazine a couple months ago.

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache...n&ie=UTF-8</a>

edit:
    If Honda is smart enough to bring it over, and we've heard rumors about 2003, it'll be interesting to see how it sets the pricing.
    Last edited by DJQuikFingaz; 07-23-2002 at 09:02 PM.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    but thats just it - everything right now is JUST rumors - Honda has made no official statements:(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information