Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok so now that the k24a2 is in I would like to get a couple opinions.

Since meeting with my tuner and getting it street tuned I absolutely love the new motor !!! There are a couple things he recomends that I get before we hit the dyno that way we can get it all done in one session. I currently have an aem cai which I beleive is only 2 1/4" he recomends that I stay with a cai but get a 3" what intake options do I have for this ? I'm honestly not to worried about that part mostly just the header and exhaust. I would like to find a decent used race header or go with maybe a new kid racing but the real question I have will these race headers bolt right up to an after market exhaust i.e. a greddy ti-c 3" or will I need to modify or (make fit) or should I just get a blox mini race muffler and custom 3" piping straight from the header back since there is no emissions control in fl. >? Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated !!!
    Last edited by i11 b3havior; 05-06-2011 at 06:07 AM.

injen cai
    kiddracing/crsx/private label race header
    if you have this header you will need to modify your ep spec midpipe (shorten) ior get an rsx mid pipe. always get ep spec muffler.
    3" is over kill. 2.5" will suffice. u can buy 2.5 exhausts easily. a 3" is either custom made or skunk2 (which is like 2.8" ?)

Ive seen a full race exhaust. I believe it was 3". Im doing a k24a2 swap in my car and just going to go to a local exhaust shop with a power rev racing 2.5" resonator and going to get a custom exhaust made from my dcrh to my spoon muffler. If you decide to go the FI then ya 3". Skunk2 is 70mm which is 2.755"

the closest true 3" i've ever seen was the kteller, which is what i have, and its a weld-together setup. they send you prebent piping and you have to weld and cut it to fit. along with the hangars and flanges.

I heard that you should go 3" with the k24a2 from more than a couple people ? I am almost positive I'm going with custom piping and the muffler of my choice. I do plan to do cams and machine my can gear within the next couple months aswell then maybe evently (a little while from now) go super charger most likely comptech ? You would still recommend 2.5 ?

I would def go with 3" on a k24.

AKEP are you saying the RSX and EP axlebacks are different? I have a CRSX header with Thermal 3" catback for RSX-S and found it's a bit too long... maybe this is my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by i11 b3havior View Post
    I heard that you should go 3" with the k24a2 from more than a couple people ? I am almost positive I'm going with custom piping and the muffler of my choice. I do plan to do cams and machine my can gear within the next couple months aswell then maybe evently (a little while from now) go super charger most likely comptech ? You would still recommend 2.5 ?
    you could go 3" but dont forget the resonators, shit will be LOUD. you can use the VTC gear from the a3, its capable of *50 advance. thats what i did. i would only go 3" if you were using the race kit or smaller pulley.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    I would def go with 3" on a k24.

AKEP are you saying the RSX and EP axlebacks are different? I have a CRSX header with Thermal 3" catback for RSX-S and found it's a bit too long... maybe this is my problem.
    .4 liters doesn't create that much more exhaust gas. not enough to warrant another .5 inches. if you compare a 2.5 inch exhaust to a real 3 inch, theres a HUGE difference. .4 liters NA couldn't utilize that without boost. but OP is boosting or plans to, so its a good investment. my boy had 3" on his comptec sc and a 3" ultraquiet and some muffler and his shit was loud on his k20z3.

the axle backs ARE different. the RSX axle back is longer. it needs to look like this:
    rsx race header - rsx mid pipe - ep axleback
    rsx race header - chopped ep mid pipe - ep axleback
    ep race header - ep mid pipe - ep axleback

i bet if you took off that axle back the mid pipe would fit better.

From everything I've read a 3" exhaust is the way to go on pretty much any tuned k20 so I was saying I would definitely go with the 3" on a k24. Search around on k20a.org and you will see multiple dynos showing the gains of a 3" over a 2.5" even on a bone stock k20a2. Maybe the best advice is to contact your tuner and see what he recommends - I was convinced to go with the full 3" exhaust by my tuner for my OEM k24 build.

You're right about it being loud tho. That was why I didn't plan on going 3" originally but the Thermal catback is actually decently quiet at lower RPMs.

Looks like I will have to get my axleback shortened, didn't realize the RSX ones were longer than the EP3s.

interesting. i dont doubt the gains, but its alot of work to get a 3" on the EP since noone makes one a bolt on affair. you can get 2.5" all day on ebay lol.

from what i've seen you either cut the tip, or right behind the muffler canister. or sell it and get a ep spec one.

Yea I know it's going to be loud and I really don't want that at all ! I really like the fact that my car is really sleeper like right now !!! well except the shaved bumper lights and amber sidemarkers. It's barely lowered and has 07 si wheels on it so people really don't expect it to have a k24 in it lol. I was going to use the a3 vtc gear but my tuner said anything above 45 degrees is unsafe for the k24a2

Also when buying a race header what do I want to get ?

ep3
    rsx-s
    tsx

You want a RH that'll bolt up with your exhaust. Buy an ep3 race header and my old 60mm Apexi WS2 ep3 catback and you'll have a free-flowing sleeper setup.

I can also post up a clip of my setup once it's all welded/bolted up.

For the VTC you can throw on the 50deg and only tune to 45 MAX but run the risk of p2v contact if for some reason you go past 45. You can also get a 25deg VTC machined to allow 45deg of advance but no further.

Well I'm getting a custom exhaust done it is a lot cheaper than buying a pre-made one and I can get pretty much any muffler I want and thats what I plan on doing with that vtc gear, I don't want any chance of that happening lol !!!

p2v contact ftl
    Last edited by the1986; 01-24-2009 at 05:38 PM.

yeah just have it tuned up for 45*.

i'd say get the private label race header. i had it. it was awesome. but you will need the em2 sway bar (like $24 from honda) since you're going custom anyway. try to buy a muffler that you can actually see in person tho, cause i bought the ws2 turbo muffler and that bitch was too long. and i got it off ebay. LOL. so now i gotta find a 3" muffler else where.

Yea I have been looking for the kid racing header everywhere new and used but can't find it anywhere.Yea I know about the sway bar I am either going to buy one or trade mine for the em2 from the tech that put my motor in. I'm 90% sure i'm going to just say f it and get the blox mini race muffler or try to find one like the dolphin one. I really like the down turned titanium tip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information