Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This helped me out back in the day. Its easy now that i did it.

I'm thinking I really should have done this while i had my center console taken out when i replaced my carpet and seats. Good thing it isn't hard to do. Might actually tackle this on Saturday if the weather is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    I'm thinking I really should have done this while i had my center console taken out when i replaced my carpet and seats. Good thing it isn't hard to do. Might actually tackle this on Saturday if the weather is nice.
    Would have been a great time but it honestly isnt hard. More on the side of annoying.

This would be much easier with the lower center console removed. However, it can be done in about an hour if you've got the right tools, patience and finesse. I broke a tab on the shifter cable(right one) but I got it done without fucking anything functional up.

Note!! :The owners manual says turn counter-clockwise for a reason! It worked much easier when turning the shifter cables this way out of the base. Turn them clockwise after putting them back in. I broke the tab off trying to get the right side cable out because I was trying to turn it clockwise. Live and learn. Can't wait to install another one in the spring on another EP

Also, the clips for the shifter cables don't fit on with the caps from the buddy club shifter. I recommend swapping the caps from each shifter mechanism in order to allow use of all OEM parts.

GREAT DIY! It helped IMMENSELY!

I just installed my BCSS yesterday. Thread helped out great I got a few things to note though. A couple of you guys complained about it being tight moving back to neutral. Such as not centering by itself. People blamed it on the caps. And whatsvtec said his had wierd pressure and couldn't get his in all the way.

To help with the centering thing pick up a can of spray silicone. Spray lightly on the edges of the white caps and move them around with your fingers to help work the silicone in there. Also spray the silicone on the spring to lube it up a little and any moving part besides the white ball that already has grease on it. It will help out a lot with this and make it feel a little smoother. If your having trouble with getting the shift cables over the white caps don't be scared to use channel locks to push them in all the way it doesn't take that much force at all with the channel locks. But get them seated as far in as possible by hand first.

And I did recieve the newest version. There is no extension anymore.

Also...get the corsport aluminum shifter bushings when you do this too. Those combined with this shifter is a night and day difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    I just installed my BCSS yesterday. Thread helped out great I got a few things to note though. A couple of you guys complained about it being tight moving back to neutral. Such as not centering by itself. People blamed it on the caps. And whatsvtec said his had wierd pressure and couldn't get his in all the way.

To help with the centering thing pick up a can of spray silicone. Spray lightly on the edges of the white caps and move them around with your fingers to help work the silicone in there. Also spray the silicone on the spring to lube it up a little and any moving part besides the white ball that already has grease on it. It will help out a lot with this and make it feel a little smoother. If your having trouble with getting the shift cables over the white caps don't be scared to use channel locks to push them in all the way it doesn't take that much force at all with the channel locks. But get them seated as far in as possible by hand first.

And I did recieve the newest version. There is no extension anymore.

Also...get the corsport aluminum shifter bushings when you do this too. Those combined with this shifter is a night and day difference!

Where do the shifter base bushings go?

Thread Information