Close

my car needs a alternator will a rsx 1 work or 06 si?

i am getting a annoying noise from my radio and my car battery has been dieing the last few days on me so i am guessin the alternator is going i work at autozone but they dont have my alternator in stock they have the one for rsx type s and the newwer si i noticed the plug r i differnt location and the mounting holes bracket is are slightly differnt will it still work? i would like the rsx 1 cus it puts more amps also the rsx is 138 and the ep3 is 108

??? you work at autozone but they don't have it in stock? Since you work there, can't you just special order it?

Since you're guessing that the alternator is bad, I'm assuming you haven't tested it? If you haven't, read on. If you did then you can read the rest for a good story.

You should test both the battery and alternator and since you work at Auto Zone, you have access to the equipment. You don't wanna go and replace a part that you think is bad when it really isn't. I speak from experience. My car wouldn't start one day and I thought it was the starter since the battery "had power". I assumed this because my audio system and headlights still worked. Boy was I wrong, but I found out after I had removed the throttle body, intake mani and took the starter in only to be told that is was working like a champ. So i finally took in the battery and it was bad. Even though it had enough juice to power the accessories, it had a bad sell which didn't allow it to have enough power to start the car. It was a simple mistake that cause me a lot of work. But we live and learn.

The alternator is deff bad I guess I'm goin to have to order a new 1 I dont wana buy 1 for a Rsx n it not fit I'm guessing no 1 knows if it will fit or not?? The Rsx alternator puts out 40 more amps n I'm running 2 amplifiers n 2 12" sub 4 mid range speakers n 4 super tweeters n could use it

3350 > your store
    PSN: theehuggybear

3234 framingham ma

try it. let us know. its kind of a pain to swap it out but it might be worth it. i had to special order mine.

Thread Information