Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by IgottaSpecV

Let me ask you guys this...are there any problems (common) with the 00 Si models? Is this a good starting haggling price for this car. It looks like a base model also.

Thanks,

K-
    watch out for grinding gears in 2nd and 3rd. If you have those going on, make sure they replace the synchros before buying, or you'll end up paying for it later. I'm amazed it only has 27,000 miles and is a 00. That's pretty good. So if it's in mint condition, 15,700 isn't bad, but try starting out saying you'll pay 14,000 and go from there, and hopefully get it for 15,000 and save a couple hundred. Other than that, that's about it. You may notice that the passenger side window goes up slower than the drivers side...that's been a weird problem for those cars since 96.

that's too bad that the se-r didn't work out. I heard about the paint peeling and and the oil being excessively consumed.
    better luck with your new car.

napapacoda
    Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

You may notice that the passenger side window goes up slower than the drivers side...that's been a weird problem for those cars since 96.
    That is very true. On my 98 EX, the passenger side window goes up slow as hell. Not sure what's the problem, but I'd rather wait an extra few seconds then pay $$ for a new motor.

that's too bad that the se-r didn't work out. I heard about the paint peeling and and the oil being excessively consumed.
    better luck with your new car.

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Yeah...I gotta agree w/ the fact that 15k for an 00 civic w/ 27k miles on it is kinda stupid. I got my old one for 11k...and it had 22k miles on it. If it's not stock then maybe, but even then, you know the person who is selling it drove the hell out of it then.

As for that long list of problems, I've heard of alot of spec's having similar problems w/ oil and gas consumption. They look like they have a fat ass from the back and side angles too :( Fukin' fatass bathtub.....w/ stock lsd, 6 speed (hate that gearing tho :() 180 tq and 17's. Oh well, it just depends on what kinda person you are. Are you the kinda performance whore that is willing to endure a very harsh ride, or do you need a car better suited for daily driving that isn't as fast and comes restricted from the factory? That's pretty much the case for the Si's and spec v's. Oh well, whatever decision you make....I promise you won't regret.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information