Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

k24a4 boost questions

ok peeps- picked up a k24a4 for cheap. i'm just starting to gather up parts for future swap. i got the mounts already and extra ep3 tranny hooked on. my questions are concerning boost. my k20a3 currently has a greddy kit with 510cc injectors and 3" exhaust. will i be able to use the greddy on the a4 with no mods along with the exhaust. i havent read anyone use 510cc injectors here yet- is this too much for a4. also when running kpro do i use the current setup for the k20a3 or do i need to retune to k24. any help or info would be great thanks..

I would be concern about the down pipe since the motor sit higher. But if you stick to the k24a4 intake mani, you prolly have to modify the intercooler pipes since the angle is pointed up unless you running the rbc. The 510cc should shouldnt be a problem. Idk bout kpro, pretty sure somebody can chime in on that.

i m running the rbc in the a3- i wasnt sure if i was gonna be able to use that on the a4-thanks for the info- i read in here about the tstat, water pump and lines can i get away without replacing the water pump

ok so far i got the rbc intake manifold on- the a3 water pump with tstat was already done. my only concern right now is the a/c compressor- which do i use the a3 compressor with bracket or do use the a4. does anybody know if the greddy turbo will fit right on the a4 since the head is identical to a3 or am i going to have fitment issues. comeon peeps- any help is appreciated

You can use the AC Comp that came on the a3

I would probably upgrade to 750's... Having room on your fuel is never a bad thing. Once your up and going its going to tourque out haha should be fun though. What clutch are you currently running?

update

sorry peeps- been busy with work- so far i added a bdl fuel rail with 650cc injectors- just concern about the spacing-might need some kind of spacers for the rail. got a new oem tstat was hoping to find a used k tuned swivel neck tstat housing but no one selling one. i am waiting on the act clutch to put on the a3 tranny. picked up a couple of exhaust gaskets and waiitng on greddy seals for the turbo kit. eta is hoping to be in about 2 weeks when i drop this swap at work-got the ok to put in during the weekend.
    recap of things- k24a4 swap going in my 2002 ep3. will have a greddy turbo with 650cc injectors, bdl fuel rail, crower stg 2 cams, custom 3' downpipe to a greddy se exhaust-(maybe boricua4lifes 3' midpipe) kpro. new exhaust and turbo seals- pls chime in if im missing anything else before i do this swap

You'll need a new tune. Other then that looks like your good.

have you upgraded your fuel pump? you might want to consider it

also consider doing what i used to call the DSM relay mod to the fuel pump it basically uses the cars own 9 volt signal to turn on the fuel pump from the ecu and instead closes a relay which then the relay would be wired to you 12v ignition signal and now route the new power to the walbro pump jumping it from a 255lph to a 312lph(i think thats the right conversion its been a while)

this will help to maintain the 56psi your fuel system needs throughout the power band and the extra pressure is alot better for the life of your injectors

this will now supply close to a 400whp capable (or more) fuel supply system

things to note i do not recall the exact relay specifications as far as the required amperage is concerned or the resistance to not cause voltage feedback and the possibility of popping a fuse from time to time (you can use the ohms law formula to figure it out) but i just grabbed one out of an old foglight kit and it worked fine (not the big fat square one it was a smaller 20amp rectangle one)

your fuel pressure will not increase due to the internal pressure regulator located in the pump cradle so typical driveability (to get to the tuner) will be safe enough (a good map to use is the old cybernation 650cc tune in kpro or any 650 tune just stay out of boost)

and if you no haz fuel rail spacer make some, that is if you have the extended studs for it

weltall vanish
    i once had a 592whp ep on pump gas, i sold it and bought a Z
    (heed my advice i know what im doing)

thanks, still have thee stock fuel pump that was one of the add list after the swap. was planning on using the bosch fuel pump off an amg 63 since i can get it from work

whats the specs of the pump and will the connections fit? the walboro will fit like "stock"
    i once had a 592whp ep on pump gas, i sold it and bought a Z
    (heed my advice i know what im doing)

whats up peeps- this weekend was k24a4 swap day- dropped cradle and swapped out the gold ol k20a3. bolted up the greddy kit and start her up. testpipe doesnt line up with downpipe-going to need to get it redone. also noted intercooler piping with bov is in the way of shifter- cant get it in gear. good news is she started up but running rich- not sure if its due to air in cooling system- tried burping but too much air pockets. (pls chime in if right- let the car idle for 5 mins and got 3000 rpm till the aux fan goes on?) my problem is after a while motor throw a p0217 code and cant rev the motor to 3000 rpm - the highest is 2100 rpm till it revlimits. i am still running the k20 greddy setup kai from kpro. should i recalibrate to another setup- anybody got a basemap for k24 with greddy kit . i need to get her running its my daily driver. will take pixs when shes up and running

how can i post some pixs

i need to redo my intercooler piping its hitting against shiftrod has anyone run into same problem if so pls send some pixs i font really want to relocatebattery

pulled a late night fixed my testpipe n straighten my exhaust its not pretty but it works. looking at intercooler may need to relocate battery thats for another night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information