Quote Originally Posted by blueandgoldep3 View Post
y even buy the kit if youre just going to replace all the major parts of it lol what else does the kit come with other than the turbo (which youre rebuilding) waste gate and bov (which youre replacing)? does it come with fuel management? injectors a pump? oil return lines and tap kit for the pan? and if you upgrade the turbo youre gonna wanna upgrade the ic too ... so what does this kit come with that youre actually going to use out of it? lol
Because even with buying the turbo and having it rebuilt it would still be cheaper than buy a name brand turbo, as for the wastegate and BOV I would just be replacing thme but at least with buying the kit I would have the major base parts such as piping.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
I believe what AKEP is TRYING to say here is that even though the EMUSA kit is a "cheap" kit, someone can still have fairly reliable fun with it. If someone wants to buy parts individually and have a "bling bling" set-up, then great. But not everyone can afford the expensive stuff. Like he stated, he has seen plenty of people with Ebay kits/parts on their vehicle, and they served their purpose.
Not everyone has the money to spend a lot of it to build a killer turbo set-up. For me, as much as I LOVE this car, it would be hard to spend more money than its worth to make it go faster. Not saying I wouldnt, but it would be hard. lol
I feel like if someone wants to buy a cheap kit and learn from it, so be it. Maybe it will benefit them and work well. Even AKEP has the kit in his car, makes good numbers, and hasnt broken down yet. Honestly, what more do you want from a turbo kit?
Exactly, and this is why I'm so interested in this kit. I would love to be able to buy the kick ass turbo and do a full engine swap and rebuild but that would probably will be impossible for a long time to come so in the vast meantime I can pick one of these up to have fun with and it would meet my needs and be a failry reliable kit. Plus I will learn a lot in the process haha.