Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

My jdm ep3 rhd conversion!!!!

Whats up ephatch.com!!! A couple of months ago I had posted a wtb thread for a rhd ep3 dashboard, i found it at a local shop, so heres my build thread. I don't have many pics of my car since i see it everyday. from the pics i have i know you guys will be sure that it is a real rhd coversion. im not building this car to put it away in a garage and park it. its going to be my daily driver once its done. im not going to crazy with my ep as i did with my other cars, just enough to turn a couple of heads.... heres the list of mods that im doing to it right now. and its current stage. ENJOY!

Bought my 2005 Honda Civic si at a small dealership...ive owned it about 6 months. i bought my rhd clip from steve at hmotors, dash was cracked so i bought a replacement one and had my rhd clip sitting under a car cover since. i didnt realize it until 2 months ago that i bought a really molested car. my engine went out about 2 months ago, didnt expect it would since it had 66,xxx miles.i bought a totaled 2004 rsx type s with 70,xxx miles. when i was doing the engine swap, me and my buddy decided it was time to do the rhd conversion since the engine was coming out.

list of parts and mods:

RHD EP3 CLIP
    RHD EP3WIPERS
    USDM BUMPER MODIFIED TO JDM BUMPERS (FRONT AND REAR)
    USDM SIDE SKIRTS MODIFIED TO JDM SIDE SKIRTS
    JDM EP3 REAR WING
    RHD EP3 FLOORMATS
    RHD EP3 CARPET
    2004 HONDA CIVIC SI FRONT SEATS
    JDM EP3 CLUSTER WITH UNDER 7,XXX KM
    BRAND NEW JDM EP3 SHIFT BOOT
    BRAND NEW JDM EP3 SHIFT KNOB
    JDM RHD POWER WINDOW SWITCHES
    K20A2 COMPLETE CHANGEOVER SWAP
    TYPE S BRAKE SET UP WITH SLOTTED/DRILLED ROTORS

IM SURE IM FORGETTING SOME PARTS IVE BOUGHT. I WILL LIST THEM ONCE I REMEMBER. HERE ARE THE PICS I HAVE SO FAR. CAR IS CURRENTLY GETTING REPAINTED ORIGINAL COLOR TAFFETTA WHITE.

A COUPLE OF PICS OF MY OTHER RHD CARS.

REAL RHD EF9

RHD EK4 CONVERSION

THATS IT FOR NOW, I WILL GET MORE PICS UP AS I START DOING AND FINISHING OTHER MODS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK SO FAR, ANY SUGGESTIONS ALSO, BUT PLEASE KEEP NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. THANKS!
    Last edited by rhdsirek4; 10-02-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: EDIT PICS

Looks clean. Nice work. The rotor sizes are dramatically different. I didnt think they'd be noticeably different.

Car needs real jdm bumpers. Usdm is so bulky. Good luck!

good job man. even better that you do the work yourself
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

WOW!

Awesome work man! i can't wait to see what happens!

the dog is not exactly a jack stand... but he looked like he had everything under control.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

wowwwwww seems and looks like a full conversion from LHD USDM market model to RHD JDM market model.

have much respect for the work and time you have investited with your helpers.loo

The RSX-S front brake is the same as the EDM and JDM Ep3R one, so your re fully converted.

love the red floor mats, honda just made RHD ones.

Looks not as shiny as i want to have it in my CTR, because of the black floor mats.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-alternative View Post
    wowwwwww seems and looks like a full conversion from LHD USDM market model to RHD JDM market model.

have much respect for the work and time you have investited with your helpers.loo

The RSX-S front brake is the same as the EDM and JDM Ep3R one, so your re fully converted.

love the red floor mats, honda just made RHD ones.

Looks not as shiny as i want to have it in my CTR, because of the black floor mats.
    thanks guys, ill do the complete jdm conversion when ever i decide to park it and put it away. but for now im going to keep most of the oem parts... this is work done by my close friend and I, he is the brains behind all my builds. i really like the red, especially in ctr's, so in germany are they rhd of lhd? i get confused to where rhd's are common.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhatch03 View Post
    WOW!

Awesome work man! i can't wait to see what happens!

the dog is not exactly a jack stand... but he looked like he had everything under control.

hahaha, thanks!!!! i hadnt noticed! for some reason she loves being under cars!!!
    Last edited by kwiksi; 02-22-2009 at 06:48 AM.

That looks awesome, I'm excited to see what else you have in store, especially for not wanting to get crazy haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rhdsirek4 View Post
    thanks guys, ill do the complete jdm conversion when ever i decide to park it and put it away. but for now im going to keep most of the oem parts... this is work done by my close friend and I, he is the brains behind all my builds. i really like the red, especially in ctr's, so in germany are they rhd of lhd? i get confused to where rhd's are common.
    The red looks great against the tw, nice job.
    England has rhd, it's the only European country that I know of, although there are probably more.

WOW. just plain WOW.

try to take as many pics as possible.

wow! lots of work and welding put into that car. looks good!

thanks guys, ill get more pics up soon of my ctr wing modified to fit my usdm hatch and my side skirts:)

i have a question for you guys, what front lip fits on my usdm front bumper? and as for the rear, does a ctr lip fit on the bumper? im not interested in my jdm bumpers right now. so whatever works ill use.
    Last edited by rhdsirek4; 10-02-2011 at 06:03 PM.

you have an 02-03 bumper.

so your choices are:
    1.) CTR lip
    2.) Mugen lip
    3.) Airwalker

thanks for the info! ill probably go for the ctr lip... not much of a mugen fan..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information