Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The lighter weight wheels will be noticeable. Anything to shave a few pounds helps with all around performance. Get some video up too man! Car is looking spectacular

Always glad to see you reporting in, Andre. Looks like you're having a blast and it sounds so good! Are you done for the year? What's next?

Do you know what weight springs you have on the KWs? I'm considering KWs for the next step up from Koni Sports.

I'm currently a little under 1068 kgs. (2350 lbs.), shooting for about 1022 or less. The more that comes off, the better it handles! Running 245/45/16 RA1s up front.

What kind of seat rails are you using with the recaro stays. I have the buddyclub rails but I could not use the recaro stays! Your car looks great by the way
    Last edited by Windchaser; 05-13-2009 at 07:03 PM.

This guy is one lucky s.o.b

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

@ justanex1 i'm using Integra DC5 JDM spec. rails, Ep3 30th/premier/JDM rails will fit too. To spell it in another way: all Honda Civic Ep or Integra seat rails from factory recaro seats, just the dc5 will have to be drilled out one hole a bit to fit to the ep chassis.

I end every saison on the 31th of october, due to the fact i have saisonal licence plate, which is valif from 1st of march to 31th of october.

My last day was a free driving day at the norschleife on 30th of october, which was a trackday for a limited pre-registried people.

I forgot my camera, but someone had filmed at the T13/Hatzenbach section and put it online:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkZPaK3d5M4

I'm in the video at about 2:40 and 3:16.

There just this one video, because in my fault i have done a very fast lap edning up in crashing at Klostertal section (13 kms of 20,832kms).
    The car is in bad condition now, i had a look to speedo a bit before it happend and think that it happened about doing 100mph.

I guess the car was too fast for this corner, because before entering the corner (right one) there is a peak on the track which enlights the rear of the car. Near to the end of the corner a load change came which caused a powerful oversteering clockwise.

So i had no chance at this point to get control back and front-ended with the left side first in the barrier, following with a long slip over the grass and getting rear ended at the quarter panel and taillight section before the car finally stops.

After a short time two marshalls arrived to have a look at me and the car plus track damages, after a visual look we decided to turn the car into the right way and leaving the track through the exitby doing slow driving.

We fixed the damage a bit at some service point which racing garage offered there, so i could drive the carefully home.

One day later i inspected the car with a friend and we came to the conclusion the car is repairable.

i'm currently on search for parts to repair the damage, because the car is just sitting in a carport, i need to wait with bodywork until spring or hope for a warm winter week (lol).

I 'm going for next year with some small plans:

- want to change location of washer fluid to have more space for brake cooling pipe, also have to switch to OEM airbox instead of the injen CAI because of this
    - have to install oil temp. gauge and sensor
    - catback change to 70mm system instead of the oem catback
    - may going to install a full spare wheel, changing the KW Springs to race ratio - i just mailed KW about the race ratios and they told me that the race suspensions use a 20 - 60 Nm harder spring.

Luckily we have a "warm" winter here, so i and a friend of me decided to work on the car and not to play GT6.

Want he have done:

My friend worked on the rear quarter panel and preapred it for painting, so he fillered the panel for a couple times and primered it.

I worked on the front and replaced the fender, the left side headlight, installed the bumper and splitter, set up the clearance for hood, bumper, headlight and fender.
    I installed new inner wheel arch liners with new brake cool hoses and of course another rebar due to the existing was damaged at the left side
    Had to done a little fix on the left side member front top, which was bent by 1mm on the top.

I replaced the left side lower control arm, but it hasnt changed any setup on the axle.
    So i re-inspected everything and come the conclution that the suspension is bent, which was approved after removal.
    So now just the new strut and ppaint shop is missing plus some service things, then the car is ready for 2014.

cuiosity: the bent of the strut was not noticable when it was built-in the car.

Hi ephatch members!

This year was a bad year for the EP:

In April i used the weekend for a trackday trip on a raceway and drove there on the road. After i had one my stints i drove back homewards, spending a break with having a pizza at a race friends home, then proceeding driving homewards.
    After about 100 miles, short time after changing from a high-use to a lower use german highway, the engine abruptly lost 1 cylindre when overtaking slower cars.

I pulled over to the site and rolling out into a parking lot and called the recovery service via my covered insurance company.

After one hour of waiting a service man came and drove me and the car home with a stop on their shop first.

On the following weekend i started to search for the fault causing this trouble and finally found a blown spark plug on 2nd cylindre.

The treat in the cylindre head got bent, so i took the head off, finding scratches from spark plug parts on the cylindre wall.

So the engine got blown and could not done within 1-2 weeks, while i had 2 more dates planned in short time.

I Searched for solutions and after a long time of searching and thinking about everything i decided to do a rebuilt of the engine.

Finally after ordering parts from Japan, USA and Germany i got a 86,5mm bored cylindre block back from the engine shop, doing a polish and balancing on the crankshaft, installed new crankshaft and rod bearings and 86,5mm Wossner pistons with a compression of 12,5:1.

The cylinder head got a threat insert for the blown 2nd spark plug thread and the third cylinder, too.

New valve seals got installed, valve shafts inspected and they were fine. The factory double sided valve springs were removed and replaced with a Toda set.

I put the engine back together my dad and installed new oem oil pump, Toda Anti G Force oil pan, Toda chain tensioner and replaced the K20a2 cams with a set of the JDM FD2R.

The cylinder head cover got powder coated in a shiny red.

I shipped my ECU to a Hondata retailer in Ireland and after 2 weeks of waiting (luckily at that time, the engine was in the engine shop) i got it back with a V3 Kpro installed.

Then just turning on street for with a base JDM map to run-in the engine first.

After a oil change i was on the Nordschleife and the engine were great to drive, but in my last round in the mid of septembre some real uncool situation happened:

I drove at the Ring and meet up some Honday guys after doing 3 rounds and then track got closed due to accidents.

So we were talking about the track and the cars plus going to lunch.

After that i done a passenger round in some Intrega Dc2 Type R and about a 1/3 of a lap it started to rain, so we slowed down the speed and then exiting the track. After the rain got passed and it was dried, i decided to drive my last round with the others.

First i noticed a smell of fuel and then noticed leaking fuel at the firewall. I fixed that at a shop not for away from the parking lot i was standing with car and it was fine.

Then i started turning my round. it was ok to drive first, but after the halfth of the lap in a forest section the track was not fully dry, so i slowed down a bit. After that section it was dry again and so i speeded up again. Some BMW E30 signaled me on a straight with his right turn indicator that i could overtake him, which i have done and then going into a fast left corner.

When i were in about the middle of the corner the rear tires abruptly lost traction and the car fully oversteered to left side.

I counter steered, but while i was on the racing line i left the track and got on the grass, which was still wet. So finally i slipped sideways on the grass and hit the guardrail hardly with the right side front section.

After that hit the car lost so much speed that i had the control back and parked in the next emergency bay.

The waiting for the safety marshals to came and i had to wait until the track got closed for a bigger accident ( tooked about an 1 hours).

Finally i could left the track and drove to the shop while the headlight was hitting the serpentine belt.

After this was provisorily find i drove back home and noticed a day later, that the car chassis is damaged and the car would be a totaled title if repaired.

But i got a co-worker, which does do chassis repair and i got a front section from a junkyard and we fixed the crash on a car bench.

So guys, this is why you don't hear here anything since the 19th of january.

For pics please visit my Facebook car site: www.facebook.com/HrtEngineering
    Last edited by liquid cooled; 05-25-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Hey, Andre! Sorry to hear about your troubles but thanks for the update and welcome back. What do you think you will do?

mr-alternative, germany, tracktool Type R rebuilded

The Front Panel is section repaired and the car was straighten on a Frame puller.

The Front needs her get assembled again, headlights and bumper, cooling Hose for brake is missing.

Plus im going to install a RBC intake manifold and some 70mm Catback these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information