Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Its a bushing. Just a split ring of metal that fits in the end of the crankshaft (the very center). There is a commercial tool with a slidehammer attachment to install a new one. But if you use the end of a spare mainshaft and use it as a guide... its pretty easy to get in. Might I suggest buying two in case you fubar the first one though. LOL

You're also supposed to use Urea grease on it as well as the rest of the clutch and throwout assy (its in the red container in the pic).

Okay great info. thanks man.

I have some urea grease. its not in a fancy honda bottle, but it'll do the trick. haha.

As for the slide hammer. We have a bunch at work for various mazda crap that will probably work for removal but i doubt they'll work for install. alot of them are pretty deep.

Its annoying that its not in the manual at all because if it were i could just order whatever SST they suggest having.

But i guess i'll order 2 from honda just to be safe, like you said.

Yeah i never understood why it wasnt mentioned either. There is actually a lot of little things not mentioned in the manual (IE: how do you take the VTC apart and what are the TQ values for the bolts?).

I only suggest 2 because if you bone installing the first then youre screwed till you get another. Its a soft piece of metal and it deforms easily. Youll be able to tell if its in sideways the least bit because of where its split. It will start to separate there. Its definitely the trickiest pilot bushing ive ever had to mess with.

I lube the hole with Urea grease to aid insertion (lol). I use a slide hammer to get it started. I then use a piece of wood with light taps from a hammer. Once its 90% in i finish it up with the slide hammer to seat it. I use the wood cause it dents and keeps the bushing from deforming while being tapped with a hammer. I have seen a slide hammer wallow the insertion side of the bushing... or totally ruin one with one blow.

You might wanna change your rear main seal while youre there. Its only like $10 for one. Seat it 5.5mm below the edge of the crank...

i now its already been said but just replace it. its relatively cheap. if possible, use and oem honda throwout bearing and pilot bushing

the exedy oem replacement kits come with everything you need including the grease and clutch alignment tool but i like to replace the exedy bushing and bearing with oem parts. the exedy flywheel and cltuch disc is fine. just my preference to replace certain parts with oem
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information