Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    Unfortunately none. You either get 25 or 50. You can get the TSX gear modded. They remove some material to allow the internals to rotate farther to 45*. Or you get the RSX-S gear and limit it in K-pro to 45*
    Oh I see, I literally just installed k-pro yesterday.. I wasn't aware that you could limit it in k-pro, I thought it was strictly a mechanical thing.. Well, that settles that then.. I'll just get the 50* and tell the tuner to put it at 45* with a 7,500 rev limit for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    Oh I see, I literally just installed k-pro yesterday.. I wasn't aware that you could limit it in k-pro, I thought it was strictly a mechanical thing.. Well, that settles that then.. I'll just get the 50* and tell the tuner to put it at 45* with a 7,500 rev limit for safety.
    Good deal. My tuner set the rev limiter to 8,000 on top of that for another safety precaution. Power started to drop shortly after 7,600rpm though.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    Good deal. My tuner set the rev limiter to 8,000 on top of that for another safety precaution. Power started to drop shortly after 7,600rpm though.
    Thanks a lot for the info, maybe i'll see you at some meet somewhere sometime next spring/summer.

Thanks a lot for the info, maybe i'll see you at some meet somewhere sometime next spring/summer.
    I will try to make some. Wont have my ep though. This build is going take the better part of all next year if not slightly more. As soon as I get rolling a little more and things start happening. Almost all my new valvetrain has come in. It will be off to SlowMotion hopefully by Feb for all the machine work! I will start a build thread Probably around that time too. But I will still be out and about to see whats going on.

That's cool man. My goal is just to have the swap completed sometime in April/May. Oh yea, if you hear of any good deals on a TSX motor, I'd appreciate it if you'd shoot me a PM haha.

I went through Honda Motors Online. They come with less than 40K miles, as well as a start up warranty. Good prices too and reputable.

You can in kpro because there's an electronic solenoid that opens and closes the oil passages to advance or retard the VTC.

I'm sure setting a 50* VTC to 45* in kpro is safe, but personally, I'd feel better if it was mechanically unable to go past where I wanted it. I'm not that familiar with modded VTCs, but I could see how it would be fairly simple for a machine shop to do.

Its not hard at all. Ive modded both a *25 and a *50. Modding the *25 is easier. (You take material off the *25... i added material to the *50... a physical stop comprised of a VTEC rocker pin.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Its not hard at all. Ive modded both a *25 and a *50. Modding the *25 is easier. (You take material off the *25... i added material to the *50... a physical stop comprised of a VTEC rocker pin.)
    Wanna shoot me a PM on the price of a modded one so it'll go right in?

Wanna shoot me a PM on the price of a modded one so it'll go right in?
    Lemme pull my parts bins out to be sure i have enough VTEC rocker pins and ill let ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Lemme pull my parts bins out to be sure i have enough VTEC rocker pins and ill let ya know.
    Thanks man

i smell a build a thread... get to it!
    be jealous :P

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    i smell a build a thread... get to it!
    I'm pretty boring, if I do, it will be just a simple swap :/ lol

I wish I had pictures of when I first got her..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information