Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ep3 build,fun DD ???

Hi,my name is Ivan. I own 03 ep3 for over 2 years.Bought it from the original owner (my friend). The car has 75k km on the clock.It used to be my wife`s car,but she is getting tired of it.So I am thinking to make it fun DD / occasional track car.I`ve been reading for few months and I have general direction,but still want to get more opinions.
    The car:

Mods:
    Engine: Injen CAI v1,DC shorty,Vibrant catback 2.5",dyno tune with E-manage blue :( ,MMI
    Suspension :Eibach Sportlines spring on stock blown shocks, Dc front tower brace.Type R swaybars, 17x7 heavy wheels 215/45 Hankook V12 tires
    Brakes: 4pot KVR break kit,SS lines

My goal is 300 whp supercharged, but don`t have enough coin to drop at once. So I am planing to build the car on stages.
    I have 3-4k to spend and prepare the car for summer '12.
    I am considering engine swap or JRSC as stage 1. Probably will go with K20Z3 over K24a2 cause Z3 is easier to source (where I live) and its cheaper. Planning to use stock tranny. My question #1 is Z3 flywheel and clutch going to work with EP3 tranny ? I know my CAI is going to fit RBC IM with small adjustments but is 2.8" enough for Z3? #2 Should I buy Injen mega ram 3.5" SRI? I will use DC shorty header to keep the coast down, but what header is good upgrade ? #3Also when I bolt DC header to Z3 which exhaust gasket I should use? #4 Are MMI enough or I should get aftermarket engine mount installed during the swap? I will get Kpro as well.
    I don`t know what to do suspension wise. What is a good set up ? A-spec? I prefer to stay away from adjustable coilovers cause I will be driving the car during the winter.There is way to much salt on the roads,don`t want to rust those coils away. Prefer good spring and shock combination. #5 Is it worth it to ditch rear sit and panels ?
    AND I HAVE STOCK 03 TAIL LIGHTS NOW :)

Thank you all for the input and I apologize for my English.Not my first language.
    Last edited by RhINoX^; 03-29-2012 at 11:00 AM.

I am pretty sure that someone is selling a complete JRSC right now in the classifieds....

I know there are couple for sale right now. My questions is SC this summer or Z3... SC later on?

Looks awesome man!

i am going to move this to the members ride thread page, i know you have questions in there. but to keep consistent, i am going to move it.
    be jealous :P

Heres my setup that I autocross with and the last race I did back in may, I love this run pretty smooth. With my setup the only cars that beat me in SMF have been on slicks there the last few races I did and no more then a couple seconds at that, Ive even beaten others on slicks, also back on a rainy day only 2 out of 5 wrx's in SM beat me (all had to use street tires). Im still learning to drive it (I was garbage when I started) and its a fucking blast out there on the track.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7495968...768?likes_hd=1

Revhard kit, 7-8 psi
    hp??
    Buddyclub Race Spec Coilovers
    Eibach camber kit,
    Front Camber neg 2.0 rear camber neg 1.0
    toe front and back slightly possitive .3
    Front sway bar removed
    Integra Type-r Rear sway, rear strut brace, Middle floor bar and front subframe brace
    BF Goodrich G-Force KDW 2 215 45 17
    Enkie RSV
    Rear hatch and seats slightly gutted

Also I highly recommend getting onto clubep3's suspension section, the forum is dead but there great great info for you to checkout if your serious about racing.

welcome to the site...car looks good except for the wheels and tails, but sounds like you've got a pretty good idea on what you want to do with the car. You planning on running down at race city? I'd contact Ryan (88CRX on here) about maybe getting some good connections for some parts for the EP. He seems to be the "go-to" guy for crazy parts out in Calgary.

@ makavelibranded
    Thanks for the pointers. Do you have LSD ? How is your tire wear with -2.0 up front ?
    I was reading post on club ep3 as well.
    Planning to go for A-spec suspension, stock front sway bar and Progress 24mm rear. Haven`t decided yet on bracing.

@ Jukka
    Appreciate the info! Yes,I am planning to run at race city.Heard from friends that there are couple good tracks in Edmonton area.

Perfectly fine no abnormal wear, perfectly even except the areas where I slid while autocrossing lol. Just make sure your toe is zeroed out just a little toe can fuck your tires over pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RhINoX^ View Post
    #1 is Z3 flywheel and clutch going to work with EP3 tranny ? I know my CAI is going to fit RBC IM with small adjustments but is 2.8" enough for Z3?
    Yes, need to match flywheel and clutch together. tranny will fit.
    2.8" seems plenty since you'll be supercharged, since you already have it. if you want to spend the money get the injen cai, its 3" all the way.

#2 Should I buy Injen mega ram 3.5" SRI? I will use DC shorty header to keep the coast down, but what header is good upgrade ?
    Read above. its preference at this point, you will be going supercharged so its either a huge ram intake or a nice cold air. the RBC will be gone once you supercharge it. any race header is better than a shorty. but you wont pass any smog type inspection. i dont know how canada does it.

#3Also when I bolt DC header to Z3 which exhaust gasket I should use?
    I believe they are all the same for the k20/k24. use a new oem honda exhaust manifold gasket.

#4 Are MMI enough or I should get aftermarket engine mount installed during the swap?
    while you have the motor and tranny out, you might as well throw in some motor mounts, if you can't swing it, mmi's are fine. thats what im using.

I don`t know what to do suspension wise. What is a good set up ? A-spec? I prefer to stay away from adjustable coilovers cause I will be driving the car during the winter.There is way to much salt on the roads,don`t want to rust those coils away. Prefer good spring and shock combination.
    The a-spec struts sound nice, but you'll ruin those with the aftermarket springs too. i'd get the oem a-spec springs to go along with it. they sell it fully assembled.

#5 Is it worth it to ditch rear sit and panels ?
    only if you're serious about track days. the back seats are super heavy. but mostly just the back support part. the bottom is foam and the panels are just plastic, don't weigh anything. i'd only gut the back if you were going to run a roll-bar or cage. no real reason to get rid of it otherwise.

^ Thank you very much for taking time answering my questions.

it looks nice, but would be soo much better with 02/03 tail lights and some less exotic looking wheels.

^ I said I have stock tail lights now.And the wife chose the wheels. I don`t hate the looks,but how heavy they are .

get rid of those wheels and taillights other then that looks great!

what kind of tracking are you looking to do? drag, autocross, road course?

AutoX/road course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information