Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    Pm sent.

That's how I feel. I think if I didn't care about pushing the limits, all those pics would be of turbo parts, and I would have a dyno printout posted already. But it's only a matter of time before I post a "WTF happened to my engine" thread.

Also I hate the feeling of, "wonder how hard I'm pushing this engine? I'm 40 miles from home, how much is a flat bed going to cost if it blows up right now?"
    It's not always the engine block that breaks....I'm testament to that.

I've researched it. The blocks are strong and almost always the rods will go first. I'm just a firm believer in building beyond your goal. It's still never 100% safe no matter what at that power range, but it's easier on the mind to have parts that can handle 800hp and only throw 600hp at them.

Even then, it's never for sure "safe," parts can fail no matter what the brand, material, etc. It's the risk you take.

nice, i feel ya. wish i had the dough to throw down on some rods and sleeves. its nice to know that your motor wont pop at random or in case of overboosting.

one day.

I got to a point where I can throw some cash here at this point. Then again in a couple months while I take care of the cheaper little projects of the build. Which is why it will take time. And I'm ok with time when the end result is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    I've researched it. The blocks are strong and almost always the rods will go first. I'm just a firm believer in building beyond your goal. It's still never 100% safe no matter what at that power range, but it's easier on the mind to have parts that can handle 800hp and only throw 600hp at them.

Even then, it's never for sure "safe," parts can fail no matter what the brand, material, etc. It's the risk you take.
    I wasn't knocking your decision. It's definitely a better idea to do it this way. I don't remember who's sig it was, but it said if can, can, if no can, no can. If you can and should, then you should. Good luck with build, can't wait to see the full build thread.

M & H slicks are pretty much the best for the track. I don't care what u get for the street, nothing is going to hook like you want it to. 650 is a lot, rwd awd or fwd. 650 is 650.

I'm curious as to why you went with the RBC, rather than a IPS or other high flowing intake manifold. Also, curious as to the TSX gasket, rather than a Cometic. As to the intake, you are going to have to flow a ton of air, to get 650 to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    M & H slicks are pretty much the best for the track. I don't care what u get for the street, nothing is going to hook like you want it to. 650 is a lot, rwd awd or fwd. 650 is 650.

I'm curious as to why you went with the RBC, rather than a IPS or other high flowing intake manifold. Also, curious as to the TSX gasket, rather than a Cometic. As to the intake, you are going to have to flow a ton of air, to get 650 to the ground.
    my buddy is still on the rbc and making good power and still more to be made, cometic hg are trash thats why probably he went oem, i would tooo,..

i've only heard the oem was best on a k.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Really? Someone delete this garbage on this guys build thread. What junk

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Really? Someone delete this garbage on this guys build thread. What junk
    Say what???

saw the guys at IMW last friday for my re-tune- pretty sure i saw your block on the stand. looked fresh.

Yea it was mine. Derek was putting the bottoms end together. Then tore back apart. My manley rods are hitting the bottom of the sleeves so the block is back out to get notched to make clearance for them. Haha.

Block assembled! K24a2, plugged oil squirters, Manley turbo tuff rods(cylinders notched for clearance), CP 10.8:1 pistons (for e85), Benson sleeves.

Shots of the progress that went down at BKM...
    First bend.
    Nothing beats a Father/Son shop set on perfection.

Fabbing up a new subframe bracket and mount.
    Misc shots to finished product..
    Tow hook location

On the way back to the tiny unit for more work.

Local dealer had this on display in the parts room, managed to talk them into selling!
    Getting ready to start the new engine harness. Tefzel wire via Race Spec

Keep an eye out for more updates as time goes on. Thanks for checking out my hefty project!

More mail today from ERL Performance via Hybrid-Racing. Brand new modified S2000 oil pump!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information