Close

Thread: Downforce....

Downforce....

Just a quick couple questions regarding downforce. Would a airwalker lip give you more down force. I was looking at pictures of them and by the shape of them it almost looks as it would and the same question regarding the mugen wing. Also what are some ways to give our cars more downforce? Ecspecially in the rear I was going a decent speed in mexico around a turn and the rear end slid out a little bit on me when I pushed the clutch in

a splitter will give you a lot more downforce. Also, J's racing spoiler

In regards to your question though. In theory I think you're assumption is right. It has the most "aggressive" rake between all the front lip options. I've always thought a BC bumper and splitter would be a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    a splitter will give you a lot more downforce. Also, J's racing spoiler

In regards to your question though. In theory I think you're assumption is right. It has the most "aggressive" rake between all the front lip options. I've always thought a BC bumper and splitter would be a good combo.
    im really tempted to do a jdm bumper airwalker lip and splitter I got 1800 smackers coming at me the pay day and its REALLY tempting.

http://www.risingsunperformance.nl/e...civic-ep3.html

or that...

I think you should spend your money on coils though. I just installed racelands, and even those wound up driving better than my 86k mile stock struts/springs. The car rotates in corners better and is much more stable. $1800 could buy you a nice budget set of coils, RCA ball joints, camber kit with a few bucks to spare.

Edit: A few bucks for a swaybar upgrade or 05-06 rsx-s rear strut bar/front stabilizer bar.
    Last edited by whatsvtec; 03-20-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    Ecspecially in the rear I was going a decent speed in mexico around a turn and the rear end slid out a little bit on me when I pushed the clutch in
    A FWD car will naturally turn more when you get off the power, you give it power it oversteers more, also temps, your tires, road quality all play a factor. Looking at your picture your car looks stock minus wheels, downforce should be the last thing on your list, and if your serious about getting your car to handle better you should go autocross, or road race before you do anything, I dont care what anybody says about driving hard on the street and blah blah blah on the track youll drive 10x harder, youll learn to drive much better, shifting, handling of the wheel everthing will change, otherwise your throwing money at a car will will never truely drive. When I 1st aurocrossed I though I was the shit, a great driver ect ect Let me tell you looking back at the vids I was fucking horrible as most people are.

Like everyone says air walker would probably give best downforce with some splitters on. Mugen wing adjusted too. The ride height of the car also plays a factor with your tire size and pressure. Look into upgrading your bars or anti sway bars.

Dude... 1800 can get you most of the way into a longblock... buck a lip... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Dude... 1800 can get you most of the way into a longblock... buck a lip... lol
    I know I'm that guy that has trouble deciding what part of the car to put his money towards. And yes my car is pretty much stock besides rims/tires and I/RH/E. Autocrossing it stock and actually seeing and feeling what I need to improve on it to get it where I feel it fits what I want is a great idea....I just need to find tracks around here. I'm coming from a Jeep background so all this is very new to me. With my jeep aerodynamics and weight never mattered at all. It was all about the proper gearing for the tire size you were running and getting the right spring rates for the best flex as possible....tons of power wasnt a neccessity but it is still a fun thing to have.

For auto X you wanna check out Pungo. They have YouTube videos. For racing you wanna take a trip to VIR (Virginia International Raceway). IMO, Pungo is shit. IMO, VIR is THE shit! Check out the webbie... http://virnow.com/

For Pungo you need a helmet. For VIR you need classes, a helmet, safety harness x2 and harness bar (for you and the instructor), and your car has to pass a safety inspection.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 03-16-2009 at 05:19 PM.

For auto X you wanna check out Pungo. They have YouTube videos. For racing you wanna take a trip to VIR (Virginia International Raceway). IMO, Pungo is shit. IMO, VIR is THE shit! Check out the webbie... http://virnow.com/

For Pungo you need a helmet. For VIR you need classes, a helmet, safety harness x2 and harness bar (for you and the instructor), and your car has to pass a safety inspection.
    Sounds like fun...

VIR is awesome. Its a one stop shop of awesomeness.

The Kart track is effing sick... elevation changes and all. Its not a flat parkinglot with tires like most Kart tracks. The straight is long enough for drafting to work... and work well for overtaking.

The racetrack is a slice of heaven. You wanna run on the North and South tracks... or both combined. The section before oak tree corner and the back stretch is one of my fave things about the track. The high speed chicane is also a fave (100+mph rumble strip to rumble strip).

Pungo auto x... meh. But i detest auto x.

There is SCCA events held at Langley... but i never attended those so cant comment on how they are.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    dude i love the J's racing wing for our car. BUY IT lol

VIR is awesome. Its a one stop shop of awesomeness.

The Kart track is effing sick... elevation changes and all. Its not a flat parkinglot with tires like most Kart tracks. The straight is long enough for drafting to work... and work well for overtaking.

The racetrack is a slice of heaven. You wanna run on the North and South tracks... or both combined. The section before oak tree corner and the back stretch is one of my fave things about the track. The high speed chicane is also a fave (100+mph rumble strip to rumble strip).

Pungo auto x... meh. But i detest auto x.

There is SCCA events held at Langley... but i never attended those so cant comment on how they are.

That sounds fucking awesome!!!!! I looked it up it looks like an hour and half drive or so from here me and a buddy are aiming to go. I dont care that I have a basically stock suspension and basic a3. Ill still have fun doing that. Make a roadtrip up here and give me some coaching on the track haha

VIR is a 3 hour drive. lol But SOOo worth it. Find a race weekend when they are having a racing/motorcycle event. Plan on going Karting (last time i was there is was $30 for 30 minutes and $50 for an hour behind the wheel, you do something like 70 laps in an hour), and staying to watch the race.

Go to the club house and ask what needs to be done. They are always super friendly and helpful. They wont let you just show up and hop on the car track... like i said before you have some steps to go through first. Im not an instructor... so they wont let me ride with you... but i can fly by you in my car.

Oh... and if 'Skeeter' still runs the Kart show... punch him and tell him SuperDave says whats up... lol

Thread Information