Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone done a k24z3 swap yet?

i searched the forum and i couldnt find anyone who has done the k24z3 swap into a ep. i read that the trans might not bolt up to the stock ep trans. can anyone verify. david at hybrid racing believes it should but hasnt done it. its a k24z3 from a 09 tsx. is it possible without too much hassle?

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    I'm sure it's possible. Two things off the top of my head. Number one the exhaust manifold is part of the head and number two its drive by wire. I would say just find a Tsx motor and call it a day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't bother with it. Sounds like a pain in the arse, plus the DBW issues sound like trouble

Integrated exhaust manifold is bigger pain in my opinion. Can`t bolt any ep3/dc5 header. You must custom made it and it will suck for NA.
    Better 04-08 tsx engine k24a2.

The reason i want to use a k24z3 is because i have 2 new z3 motors(less than 50 original miles on them) that i got for free. One has the factory cat and downpipe( i know its not a dp but its not a conventional header.) Could i use the stock k20 manifold and throttle body?. My real worrys pertain to everything bolting up....

Your best bet it to trash the heads and do a head swap. K24 block is a K24 block, and for free? Can't argue with that.

Yeah 1 is complete minus harness. And the other is missing a belt and some sensors. If i kept the head and made the exhaust work would the swap work. I drive a swapped ef now and its going to need like 1500 in it pretty soon and for just a little bit more i can get a ep3 for the difference if i part out my hatch. And a big factor on selling my car and getting a ep3 is the 2free z3's i got. Could i do the z3 swap then mess with a head swap later or is it a must right when the swap is done.( i read and u know what i need for a 2.4 swap

I don't know about the fitment with the manifold. You can go ahead and see the clearance you have with it, but if it looks like too much work to make fit or it won't clear, just buy a K20 head and slap it on the block, call it a day.

I have to a new rbc-1 headswap at my disposal also... theres no valve cover though.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstermax View Post
    I have to a new rbc-1 headswap at my disposal also... theres no valve cover though.
    Sounds like you're in business. New valve cover from Honda is ~$100 or find a used one on the forums for around ~$60

that head is what i need? Will thehorsepower drop because of the difference beteween the cams? Or is it all compression. I dont want to go backwards with power. Is the head swap a direct changeover or do i need to worry about head gasket clearance or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstermax View Post
    that head is what i need? Will thehorsepower drop because of the difference beteween the cams? Or is it all compression. I dont want to go backwards with power. Is the head swap a direct changeover or do i need to worry about head gasket clearance or anything like that.
    I'm not sure about power, but I'm almost certain it will be more than enough.

You will need to use the headgasket for the K24 specific engine. I don't know how the psiton shape is for the K24Z block but it's worth taking a picture of it and post for everyone else's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Your best bet it to trash the heads and do a head swap. K24 block is a K24 block, and for free? Can't argue with that.
    ^^this. Swap the head, change the throttle body to a wired setup, and you're in business.

Right now the car i have now has like 170. And the z3 has 201. So it should be a nice increase. I want to swap a ep mostly for all the comforts it has like ac ps pw sunroof lol and ive always wanted a k. Ill pull the engine apart and take some pics.i know i sound new, i know b and d series. Not k. Can i use the stock k20 manifold and tb? Anyone wanna buy a k24z3 head lol

Better RBC or RBB manifold cause they have coolant ports,no need for any modifications. You need adapter for TB tho
    Last edited by E85EP3; 04-09-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information