Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    My EP came with a neuspeed shifter already installed so I have no idea what the stock shifter feels like. I thought the EP came with short throws from the factory until I took the shifter console off to install my stereo and saw the neuspeed lol

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    My EP came with a neuspeed shifter already installed so I have no idea what the stock shifter feels like. I thought the EP came with short throws from the factory until I took the shifter console off to install my stereo and saw the neuspeed lol
    Alright guys, here I go spreading love and knowledge over the next couple posts. The Neuspeed shifter is just as sloppy as the OEM shifter. The Neuspeed is an adapter that just bolts to the stock shifter. The only thing it does is change the lever angle, but ALL the slop still remains. The BCSS shifter will eliminate most of this slop. So, Poetic, get the BCSS, you will get an Insta-Boner when you swap it. The shifting will be WAYYY more precise, and direct.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    BCSS is definitely of my list of things to buy but I wanna get the hybrid racing shifter and cable bushings at the same time. I like to do it big, not a little at a time

I've had the bcss for about 4 years now, bought it used from a local guy. It made a huge improvement, but feels "normal" to me since i've had it so long.

I hvae the corsport aluminum shifter base bushings, and i'll prob stop there. I have heard from several local techs, who said that the stiffer bushings will actually make it worse for the tranny than the oem rubber ones. Something about the shifter linkages need a bit of play or shit will start binding, something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    I've had the bcss for about 4 years now, bought it used from a local guy. It made a huge improvement, but feels "normal" to me since i've had it so long.

I hvae the corsport aluminum shifter base bushings, and i'll prob stop there. I have heard from several local techs, who said that the stiffer bushings will actually make it worse for the tranny than the oem rubber ones. Something about the shifter linkages need a bit of play or shit will start binding, something along those lines.
    They need 2 degrees of play to be exact. When HR was developing their shifter cable bushings, they noticed that SOLID aluminum cable bushings (from other companies) were causing cables to snap, etc because at most the solid bushings would only allow a maximum of 1 degree of play. So, when they developed their Spherical shifter cable bushings, they incorporated that the bushing had to have the required 2 degrees of movement, but they didn't want them to be flimsy or give TOO much play like the rubber shifter cable bushings. This is why they developed their shifter cable bushings to be SPHERICAL, meaning that the bushing is all metal, but the spherical bushing inside the bushing would allow the 2 degrees of required play.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    BCSS is definitely of my list of things to buy but I wanna get the hybrid racing shifter and cable bushings at the same time. I like to do it big, not a little at a time
    If you have the cash, you would be able to get the HR shifter CABLES...this would be a better upgrade than the cable bushings.

Thread Information