Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas72 View Post
    Now let's be a tad realistic here, Honda didn't make a random lite to just "pop on" to get people into the dealership, it's an oil change service lite, which I'm sure most of you already knew this, but be a little informative on it to those who don't know lol
    It's not an oil change light. It comes on every 5 to 10 thousand miles, that's too long of an interval for an oil change. I know a few people that took their car to the dealer cuz of this light and got duped into all kinds of unnecessary service. Maybe honda didn't purposely put it there to trick people but that's what the people at the stealership use it for.

Unfortunately dealers do use that for sale tactics, which isnt always good lol but also as far as the interval goes I believe Honda doesn't require oil changes every 3k miles either, they inquire going longer between changes, hence the lite coming on in that timeframe. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not, but regardless I myself don't care for reminder lites unless my car is goin to die..lol!

Thread Information