Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    A tragedy bro. But on a positive note, new parts arrived , I've been looking for these forever

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    nothing like new parts to lighten the mood

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    nothing like new parts to lighten the mood
    U sir are right. Especially a part that u search constantly for. Out of all the parts I've bought and parts that will be here shortly , those door sills are what I am most excited for. Ever since I started my new upgraded parts list I was looking for those sills. I went to every jdm site with nothing. I searched all of ebay. I contacted numerous sellers in ebay who sold jdm parts to no avail. There were a few totaled jdm ctr's that were being sold for parts, i contacted still with no luck. I was getting so frustrated that such a simple ctr piece was almost impossible to find. Then out of luck I was looking at a fellow members page on ephatch and he had them. I needed to know where he got them. He pm'd me back and told me about someone on a UK type r forum that makes exact replicas. I signed up in the forum and had to even wait a few days just to be approved to post on this site. After I was approved the first thing I did was contact the seller hoping he still made them. He did! I was still worried that I would get beat for my money since he was in the UK and I'm in the states. But I sent him money through paypal, and about 2 weeks later they were here!!! I know this is prolly a lame story for such a irrelevant piece to most, but I was like a little kid at Xmas when I got these lol. Here's a pic of the real ones compared to my reps. dobt mind my dirty Ep, she's been out of comission for awhile now

Last edited by superchargedk20; 12-16-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Haha sorry to say custom but im glad to see you have the bug again! Just tonight i decided to start showing my face around here again since im back in the honda family! Sad to see the RR go though:(

thanks tortoise!

Digging those Type r door sills!

I was bummed to let it go, but i wanted to pay off my wedding and other shit, so it was time for it to go...plus where i didnt build it , or work on it..i found out that i had no real attachment to it.
    be jealous :P

Are u glad u sold the skunk2 Ep? Or do u regret it?

Sorry for the bad pictures. Got the suspension installed last night. Got the wheels and tires installed today. Not at all happy with the alignment. Couldn't get the camber I wanted without completely fucking the toe. So I still have to pucker my asshole when I hit bumps waiting for the tire rub. Super bummed about that. We will see how the trip goes.

Oh and I feel like I am four-wheeling compared to how low the car was before. Still trying to get used to that look and feel.

Last edited by larryo108; 12-17-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    surprized i didnt find this thread sooner... well fellas.. i think i have a problem, see i bought my EP back in january of 09 as a beater while i fixed my supra, well... long story short, i sold the supra and went ape sshit on the EP.. in 09 i was one of the first ones to try the raceland coilovers, and i always had a fetish for trying different wheels on the car, i went thru to date, between being 4 and 5 lug, 31 .. yes thirty one sets of wheels ranging from different OEM options to aftermarket wheels and of course there are a few repeats in there but .. my lugs are always fresh lol.. current my evos (wheels in the sig) have been on my car the longest which is about 8 months now.

other mods in the time have been..
    EMUSA turbo kit
    JIC Magic Coilovers
    BuddyClub N+ coilovers
    6speed transmission swap with LSD and tsx 6th
    five lug conversion as mentioned
    CTR headlights and pedals
    went back all motor, VTEC killer
    Spoon Raceheader
    Sparco and Bride bucket seats
    Sparco rep wheel
    K20Z1 Swap(blew up)
    got a stock A3 back in the car now, building a high comp K24 for spring time... i'm beyond the point of help.. i just wanted to share lol

It's hard to believe people exist like that. Heard the news on friday, I went to school at post, in waterbury so I knew a few people from the area. Tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    Sorry for the bad pictures. Got the suspension installed last night. Got the wheels and tires installed today. Not at all happy with the alignment. Couldn't get the camber I wanted without completely fucking the toe. So I still have to pucker my asshole when I hit bumps waiting for the tire rub. Super bummed about that. We will see how the trip goes.

Oh and I feel like I am four-wheeling compared to how low the car was before. Still trying to get used to that look and feel.

I love it. A little more rubber than im used to... but it looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Here's a pic of the real ones compared to my reps. dobt mind my dirty Ep, she's been out of comission for awhile now

Im sure there are differences... but its hard to tell in the pix.

Any plans for the future... or do you feel like you have kinda hit a plateau?

No. I'm doing a lot of cosmetic upgrades this year. I started a build thread awhile back on it ( linked below). So far its coming along just as planned. As for the door sills , I agree there's prolly difference , but when pictured they look identical. If I could find real ones I would've bought em, but as odd as this may sound they might be the rarest jdm piece. I have found every other jdm piece accept those, never once have I came across them
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ni-mini-build)
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 12-19-2012 at 10:53 AM.

I have a passion for detail too... so i know even if the two parts look identical... just the fact of having the legit piece can make all the difference.

Last edited by LOVIN MY EP3; 04-26-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    I have a passion for detail too... so i know even if the two parts look identical... just the fact of having the legit piece can make all the difference.

I don't mind replica stuff as long as it does the car justice. My car is a mix of replica and authentic. sometimes authentic is just to much money. I would love an 04 -05 front end but am I gona pay 800- 1,000 for a front bumper? Fuck no. I bought a replica ebay ctr spoiler way back when and its perfect fitmeent . Couldn't have been more pleased

Told you guys. Since that last post I built another gun, and got new parts for one I already had. During this time the only thing I have bought for my EP is gas. Maybe I see it in my mind as "Okay, if I build this gun for $600, that's it, it's done" because I generally will leave them alone, but there is just SO MUCH STUFF I can buy for my EP. Maybe I feel that if I buy kpro I'll just fall off the wagon and spend all money on building a new motor and rebuilding my car.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information