Close

k20a3 with a2 full head swap vs partial swap?

I'm looking at messing with my a3 head a little bit (maybe a full swap ) when It gets a bit warmer

Just wondering if there will be a significant difference in numbers between swapping a full a2 head in vs just the a2 cam's with a vtec killer set up?

This car is going to be my summer DD so obviously a full a2 head swap would be way more reliable and way better on gas compared to a vtec killer set up... BUT I have heard that you can fix the idle on a killer set up as well with a good tune? Not sure so I just want to get all the opinions I can. :D
    Or a good link to a thread that already compares both haha.

Thanks in advance for the help :D

Most ppl do the k24a1 head over the a2 since its a cheaper route but i say since you gonna swap it when it gets 'warmer' I say save your money and wait. If saving gas is the goal. Putting more money out to do this would not help.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    Most ppl do the k24a1 head over the a2 since its a cheaper route but i say since you gonna swap it when it gets 'warmer' I say save your money and wait. If saving gas is the goal. Putting more money out to do this would not help.
    I'm not building this for fuel efficiency it's just that it's my summer DD so I don't want to absolutely butcher the fuel economy
    Just looking for any opinions on people running an a3 with a swapped head. Never thought of a k24a1 head as a cheaper option
    Just a noob looking for some cheaper options for power other then basic bolt ons haha
    thanks for the idea of a k24a1 head tho

Thread Information