Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    You'll see it on the dyno, once you do the low cam and high cam over lap. Kinda tired right now but I'm not familiar with flipped pin performance on the dyno. Low end tq sounds better than you probably describe it since the offset valves cause the swirling fuel inside the cylinder.
    It does make noticeably better power part throttle (2500-4500, columns 5-7 and 8 when its cold out) than WOT on the lo cam. My xover is 4800 and i strive to shift at 4500 around town since 95% of my driving is on the lo cam. Its definitely a different beast. It even liked 40 degrees of advance on the small ass exhaust im using, which surprised me.

I need to go back and gradate the cam advance from idle to 2krpm. Its 0-5-10-20 to ease initial tuning and if im smooth on the throttle i can feel it change, since its climbing up that big lobe. I can imagine it would make life easier on the roller rockers if i did.

Ill mess with a window again once the 87x86 12.5cr block is done... ive gone too far down this road to start over. lol
    Last edited by Royal; 04-23-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    good shiii tony k

Thread Information