Close

Thread: Motor mount

Motor mount

Took my car to Honda today for some maintainance and they informed me while they were under the car that one of my front motor mounts is going bad. What to do. Do I go back stock or replace with aftermarket? What is the benefit of the after market ones and which ones would you recommend? This is a DD but I do believe in spoiling her when it is appropriate.

Replacing it with aftermarket mounts, you gonna have more vibration. Most ppl opt for the cheaper route and esmm. but if you do go aftermarket get 60a which is the softest

Mounts will reduce wheel hop when floor it from a dig and the driving would be more solid. plus your shifting will be more crisp.

I don't see where the mounts have a rating on them, on the usual sites(corsport,etc). Should I go with the whole mount or just an insert and which one? Thanks for the help.

Ps how well does an engine torque dampener work? Does it help eliminate wheel hop?

Quote Originally Posted by dble0 View Post
    I don't see where the mounts have a rating on them, on the usual sites(corsport,etc). Should I go with the whole mount or just an insert and which one? Thanks for the help.

Ps how well does an engine torque dampener work? Does it help eliminate wheel hop?
    On the corsport site on the bottom before add to chart it ask Urethane Stiffness: ___________ <--- and it tells you that 60a is street, 75a is track, etc.....

but all esmm are the same, just different colors you can choose from.

torque dampeners works the same as mounts but some say if you have all after market mounts it's kinda useless since the motor is barely moving. If you staying stock mounts then is works well

Where are you getting this info that motor mounts decrease wheel hop? All it does it control engine vibration and transfer it to the body. If people are worrying about wheel hop, they need to focus on better tires, suspension, and replace all torn bushings, tie rods, and ball joints.

On the other hand, if you're wanting to get new engine mounts, remember that when you buy the set of engine mounts, they only come with 3 mounts. The front mount you have to buy seperately. So if you're set on a budget, be sure to figure out specificly which mount you are looking for, so you can get the correct one replaced. I would go with the 60a if you're not doing anything crazy. I just installed my 75a and my broadway mirror shakes as if I had 2 12"s in my truck when I'm at a complete stop. But it loses it's shake when I'm in movement.

Any more questions just ask.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    ^This is why I recommend the hardrace motor mount kit. It's hardened rubber so it won't wear out nearly as fast as the poly mounts and it comes with all four motor mounts for about the same price or cheaper than those other kits.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    ^This is why I recommend the hardrace motor mount kit. It's hardened rubber so it won't wear out nearly as fast as the poly mounts and it comes with all four motor mounts for about the same price or cheaper than those other kits.
    Most motor mounts have life replacement warranty. 60a is the closest to stock replacement. I have Innovative mounts, pain in the ass to install, but I recommend AVID for the easy install.

It all depends on what your preference is. I'm just not a fan of any polyurethane on a daily driven car.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    It all depends on what your preference is. I'm just not a fan of any polyurethane on a daily driven car.
    Haha you also live in Chicago where they use a shit load of salt and sand on their roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Haha you also live in Chicago where they use a shit load of salt and sand on their roads.
    Yea that plays a big role in my decision making lol. Polyurethane would turn into jelly in no time over here

if its the front mount behind the radiator, why don't you just install ESMM's? If the motor mount is just slightly torn you mught be able to salvage it with an ESMM
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Where are you getting this info that motor mounts decrease wheel hop? All it does it control engine vibration and transfer it to the body. If people are worrying about wheel hop, they need to focus on better tires, suspension, and replace all torn bushings, tie rods, and ball joints.

On the other hand, if you're wanting to get new engine mounts, remember that when you buy the set of engine mounts, they only come with 3 mounts. The front mount you have to buy seperately. So if you're set on a budget, be sure to figure out specificly which mount you are looking for, so you can get the correct one replaced. I would go with the 60a if you're not doing anything crazy. I just installed my 75a and my broadway mirror shakes as if I had 2 12"s in my truck when I'm at a complete stop. But it loses it's shake when I'm in movement.

Any more questions just ask.
    some of the reviews on after market mounts say so.

here's some on kseriespart.com. i actually read though most of the reviews on mounts they have lol

http://www.kseriesparts.com/merchant...&Store_Code=CR

Thread Information