Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A K24 & J-Series engine are about the same weight.
    Is there a reason it won't fit?Peeps have ask this question in forums,but NO answers have been given.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    A k24 barely fits in...
    The only fit prob with the K24 was if you wanted to run certain headers or the intake manifold angle 'cuz the TB to point into the battery(solved by using a adapter).

I believe Jeff's DC5(RSX) V6 is the first in the world.Jeff's V6 is still a work in progress,BUT the engine IS in.

To give inspiration to those thinking about this swap I believe it will work at this time.
    1)A K24 & J-Series engine are about the same weight.Honda designed the J32 (J30)to be light weight & narrow.

2)Cost of swap looks to be comparable to any other J-series swap(ef,eg,ek,ej,dc2,em).

3) In Jeff's swap it even clears the OEM hood & chassis w/o lossing the oil pan like in the eg case (using the lower mounting hole) that hangs below the chassis.

4)With 1OO+HP & 1OO+lbs. TQ(more than a K20a3) stock.If you do want more power using just Honda parts a little under 3OOHP is possible on a OEM ECU. A dude named Paul(The J-Series GURU & NorCali transplant) out of VA well known in the J-Series V6 forum community built a Dual TB intake manifold.This guy blew up 2 A/T trannies sorting out a BIG M90 SC on his Accord.The J-series loves to breathe.Must be all that F1 pedigree.

The research so far goes up & down,but looks very promising.I'm trying see if it can be done CARB legal unlike Jeff's since he's in the UK.
    Last edited by Silvershadow; 04-11-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Thread Information