Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    If he had a 5.0 fd he would leave you all day lol
    And if he had a rainbow unicorn.. blah blah blah.

Ive owned a ep3, modded it - check my build section. It would of been turbo'd if the car didnt get totaled by a drunk driver. (Which, now - I am glad it did it BEFORE I went turbo). OP is the one that said he cant wait to "take on" a 8th gen, not me. As an owner, and a EP3 owner, I would say thats not the best move to make, if both cars are modded

He is running 270cc injectors? My car wouldnt even run with something that low. I am running the RDX injectors (410cc)

My 8th gen is FAR from stock. Hytech cams, flashpro, comptech full exhaust, comptech header, Mishi intake, RDX injectors, VitViper tuned, HFP rims, comptech rear sway, and other stuff I have. Summer its getting the rotrex kit, just waiting on the check for my settlement from being hit by the drunk driver. 360hp with just bolting the s/c up. My setup falls right in the 235hp range NA. So 118hp per liter. Pretty sweet numbers for NA. The OP is at like 90hp per liter? Big difference.

The USA Ep3 = NO LSD, weak vtec on stock motor - The USA market gets the watered down version of the real car. Basically, its the same performance as a base RSX. (no big deal there, thats for sure).

I LIKE the ep3. Just like I like the EM1. The OP, with his modlist - I bet the car is loud, obnoxious, and faster than a stock ep3, but so is the honda mini-van. I dont think its going to "take down" a similarly modded 8th gen. My car is quiet, and more "grown up". It doesnt make ANY noticeable noise until you romp on it, or until the vtec engagement point. Its kind of deceptive. The idle is a little deeper due to the cams, but aside from that, it rides almost like stock until you start banging gears.

Just go look at ANY of the reviews of people who upgraded from the ep3 to the 8thgen coupe or sedan. There are quite a few on here. Its a better car - It just doesnt feel as much like a go-kart. Its refined, and better for several reasons. The motor being one of them.

I still like the ep3s. Not sure why Klit is trying to bash me or my 8thgen?? I have plenty of friends on this site still. No need to try to be a d1ck. The 8th gen is a revised, newer, and more powerful car than the ep3. If you want to talk about mods, the aftermarket is WAY larger for the 8th gen, then anything being offered by the late, older, lower powered ep3.
    Last edited by HFPcivicSI; 05-16-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Thread Information