Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got my MBRP midpipe today

I had to get rid of my custom pipe because it was leaking and was bent wrong and was a bitch and was ugly and whatever.

big ass resonator, looks like an N1 muffler

I'm taking it to my dad's shop tomorrow morning so I can have these two pipes welded together to make one pipe. I don't link the crappy clamp setup they have.

ephatch member
    Nice...wonder if the resonator will drag on speed bumps though. How much did it cost including shipping?

$235 I know, pretty pricey; but at least I know it's good quality compared to the crap I had before

ephatch member
    Actually I think that's a pretty good price considering it's mandrel bent and includes a shiny resonator :p . I'll probably grab one too but gotta do suspension first. ;)

yeah, I'm trying to work on my suspension too since I already have the basic bolt ons, just waiting for shocks and looking for a ctr rear sway

ssvr6
    It looks good and the price is great. Was that with shipping?

Steve

Just got mine a couple of days ago, also. The price I paid was $199 and then $20 for shipping. Not exactly cheap, but not too bad considering the mandrel bends and resonator. You can probably have a local shop make you a crushed bent without resonator for under $100, if that's what you want. The "local exhaust guys" around hear are a bit skethcy, so that wan't an option. MBRP seems reputable. The piping size is 2.25 inch for those interested.

ephatch member

Smile

the price isnt all that bad considering. looks fine to me

did you get it from an online store, or did u go direct through MBRP? Got a phone #?

also, how does the exhaust sound now? any louder or deeper?

nice piece, i want one.

thank you sir :D

Go to www.mbrp.com

The part isn't listed. You'll have to call. They are pretty knowledgable and will know what you want. The company is in Canada BTW.

tks

yeah, that price was shipped to my door. Took a couple weeks, but was worth the wait. I haven't installed it yet because I cant ge a hold of the the guy who is supposed to weld the two pipes together. I doubt it'll be raspy like my custom mid pipe, just slightly deeper.

What I don't like is the resonator though, it has small rivets to catch the exhaust gases, doesn't look very smooth. Also, a friend measured the piping, it's 2 1/8 of an inch, the out side diameter is 2 1/4 inch, kinda misleading but I guess the mandrel bends make up for it.

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    yeah, that price was shipped to my door. Took a couple weeks, but was worth the wait. I haven't installed it yet because I cant ge a hold of the the guy who is supposed to weld the two pipes together. I doubt it'll be raspy like my custom mid pipe, just slightly deeper.

What I don't like is the resonator though, it has small rivets to catch the exhaust gases, doesn't look very smooth. Also, a friend measured the piping, it's 2 1/8 of an inch, the out side diameter is 2 1/4 inch, kinda misleading but I guess the mandrel bends make up for it.
    You know alot have been debating, including myself on the merits of a 2" piping. Mandrel bent 2-1/8" should be a great compromise. Let us know how it shows up on the dyno.:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information