Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Aw, let's cut the kid a little slack. Remember what is was like to be in high school? I know I had all the answers, to be sure. He'll figure it out soon enough, don't worry ; )

Anyway, OP, I imagine that you're probably around 17 years old if you're going to be a senior in high school. So, I assume maybe you've been driving for about a year or so, and you mentioned it was an older Accord, which is a good, reliable car. I'm guessing it might also be your first.

What I suggest for you when you get the car is to do is this: drive it. A lot. I'm not saying that you're a bad driver, but you're inexperienced. And that's okay! We were all new at driving at some point in our lives. What I'm getting at is you might not have a feel for what your needs are for the car, because A) you haven't been driving that long, and 2) you haven't been driving an EP3 even longer. When you get the car, spend some time driving it and get a feel for what you like and don't like about it in its stock form. Think about what you'd like it to do better, then decide on the combination of parts and accessories that can make that goal realized. It might take some time, but the car is not going anywhere. Take 6 months, take a year, but take some time and just drive it. I thought I was going to do big things to my EP3 when I got it, but after I got more acquainted with the car, I changed my approach. Perhaps you might do the same, instead of spending $3K on a car that you might not like in the long run, or make a mistake buying parts, or some other misstep that might leave you with some buyer's remorse.

Here's the best thing about this approach. You can ADD money to your $3K pool as you take the time to get to know your new whip. So maybe you take half a year just to drive it around (your first semester, maybe?), and in that time add another $1K to your budget. You have more money to buy what you need, and you have a better idea as to what your needs are. That's what I'm suggesting to you: find out what your needs are.

I know it's a more abstract answer than "spend your money on THIS!", but it's an honest answer and what I have personally done. No regrets.

R/

C

Buy a stock ep3 and start from there. maybe kpro next and k24a2 after that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information