Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RSX-TypeS drop

TWhiteSi02

RSX-TypeS drop

Looking for pricing on a new engine to drop in my ride.......cuz think about it, how priceless would the look be on an Integra TypeR driver's face be when you fly by !?! not to mention any other import for that matter that you'd see on your average day.........

I have heard reports that the S2000 head will fit on our cars. Any honda-tech that could clear that up....to be true or false would help. It would be one hell of a head swap and one hell of a chunck out of your wallet...........:p

As far as type-s engines good look........try calling junk yards.

TWhiteSi02
    i'm not calling junk yards..........i know where to get one brand new:D

i heard 6 to 8 grand for the engine alone.

Originally posted by K20NutBucket
    I have heard reports that the S2000 head will fit on our cars. Any honda-tech that could clear that up....to be true or false would help. It would be one hell of a head swap and one hell of a chunck out of your wallet...........:p

As far as type-s engines good look........try calling junk yards.
    I hear that is false. Two different engines entirely I assume. They may both be 2.0, but still, I doubt it would work.

MadMax
    how priceless would the look be on an Integra TypeR driver's face be when you fly by !?!
    Just wondering... but what makes you think you would be faster than an itr?
    And why wouldnt you just get the rsx-s in the first place?

Originally posted by MadMax

Just wondering... but what makes you think you would be faster than an itr?
    And why wouldnt you just get the rsx-s in the first place?
    good question. I think the rsx looks better also, so why bother swapping

TWhiteSi02
    The RSX is so expensive........plus nobody around my area has the new Si, so i'd be more original with what i want to do with it. the only type R drivers i've seen around my area are old men who have lost their balls and don't drive the way they should

Originally posted by TWhiteSi02
    The RSX is so expensive........plus nobody around my area has the new Si, so i'd be more original with what i want to do with it. the only type R drivers i've seen around my area are old men who have lost their balls and don't drive the way they should
    to each his own. I like the civic si motor more because it's already running lower compression than my previous civic ex I had (1997). I'll go turbo as soon as they come out with one for us :D

beretta627
    TWhiteSi02: Sticker on an RSX-S is 23,500. Si is 19,5. The RSX-S engines are very expensive to be had new, putting your costs well over the sticker on the RSX. The costs of originality. :)

I also doubt the swap would make your car roll on the ITR.

MagusDC5

Re: RSX-TypeS drop

Originally posted by TWhiteSi02
    Looking for pricing on a new engine to drop in my ride.......cuz think about it, how priceless would the look be on an Integra TypeR driver's face be when you fly by !?! not to mention any other import for that matter that you'd see on your average day.........
    Yea you still wont touch an R...they are lighter than your hatchback. I believe the best time Hasport's Type S Si Hybrid has pulled was a 15.6. Not too impressive.

Re: Re: RSX-TypeS drop

Originally posted by MagusDC5

Yea you still wont touch an R...they are lighter than your hatchback. I believe the best time Hasport's Type S Si Hybrid has pulled was a 15.6. Not too impressive.
    sorry buddy, but your wrong. Hatches weigh less. http://faceoff.intellichoice.com/Fac...Dr%20Hatchback

Re: Re: RSX-TypeS drop

Originally posted by MagusDC5

just because that person got that time, doesn't mean someone else can't get a better one. A good rule of thumb is not to go by magazine times. I've been to the track have you? My JRSC EX whipped RSX type-s's all day. At the track I saw the rsx type s hit a 15.6 all day. It really depends on the driver and location

MadMax
    With a type-s engine and tranny, you should be able to get 15.1-15.2 just like the S. And just like the S, high 14's with good tires and a few bolt-ons.
    Just like the S... except, of course, you will have spent more money...:(

ephatch member
    magus is right, our hatches are kinda on the heavy side, we gotta gut out some weight. I wonder why that one si is only hitting 15.6, I mean does the driver suck, are they missing something important? jus curious
    The type S stock runs low 15's the hybrid si should also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information