Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah I realize it is all in the tune. I plan on getting it tuned by Matt Shue, Inline pro, or Rameybuilt. Im new to turbo, what kind of routine maintenance is needed? And if my A3 is running fine now i shouldn't have to worry about the rods going out from boost right? Its my DD, but I envision myself on the side of the road going "well fuck time to pull a new engine out of my ass or put more in this weak motor"

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Ba82ep is right on everything he said. Take care of the car and it will take care of u. There isn't much routine maintenance. The big one is always make sure you have a proper oil level. Run a quality synthetic and u should be good to go. I've ran Joe gibbs oil for the past 7 years or so on my a3 and my a1. It barely burns any oil. It's def my oil of choice. If problems do arise take care of em immediately. Don't put anything off. Make sure who tunes it has a good reputation with kpro. As ur dd though I wouldn't turbo it. That's just me. U should always have a 2nd car even if it's a pos u bought for 500 bucks. Ur gona be pushing ur car passed what it was meant for. I've broken tranny , snapped axles. If u depend on ur car then pick up a lil junker to take u around.

Thread Information