Quote Originally Posted by Bmxrider1331 View Post
I have a 2005 ep3 usa si version. I bought 2008 k24a2 with 128k for 900$. I bought the 2005 rsx type s tranny with 50k for $1000. I think I made out good.. ANYWAY.
Problem #1. I was told the 05 tranny is high frequency, and our ep3s are low frequency...
Problem #2 the k24 is drive by wire so It would be difficult to make this combo work??
Problem #3 when I buy a clutch I would be buying it for the tranny correct because of the spline?
Problem #4 can I use the k20a3 ecu and have kpro put in it and use it on the trans I have and motor? Or would I need to buy a 02 04 rsx ecu and kpro that because apparently the 05 06 cannot be used because of the security and they are "trash". Says a guy from Hondata..
Problem #5 would the 05 trans work with a 04 ecu kpro?
Problem #6 can I use any k series harness with a k24.
Most of the questions im asking I asked Hondata but they didn't know much. I thank you before hand to anyone who can help
I'm not new to the site I just made an account today. I am mechanicly inclined also so I do know technical words. I would love for someone to chim in who has done this before but if anyone can help me clarify what i need to make this work without buying extra parts. I know I NEED crv mount and kpro. Just don't know if I need a new harness or what else. I also will be doing k20a2 oil pump and water pump on my k24.
Apologize if any of the below is wrong or outdated. It's from memory. Just want to help another NJ ephatcher.

1) not sure, but I think what you're looking for is a speedo healer
2) drive by wire should be sorted by using your ep3 throttle body
3) clutch is generally determined by flywheel. DC5 flywheel, DC5 clutch. you cannot use an ep3 flywheel with a dc5 clutch. the pins are different. I recommend the DC5 type s flywheel if you're still looking. I went with a (dc5) type r flywheel and dc5s oem clutch.
4) ep3 ecu is fine for kpro. 02-04 dc5 ecu is good if you want to mess with the reverse lock out. I have no issues with my ep3 kpro'ed ecu and my 07 k24a2 w/ modded ep3 tranny. if you do decided to use an 05/06 type s ecu you'll need to piggy back an earlier ecu anyway.
5) not sure.
6) I reused my ep3 harness. had to switch a few sensors over but it was pretty straight forward.

I wish I could help you more with the transmission compatibility. Hope the above helps.

The mod list from my member's ride thread should have all the parts I ended up using for the swap. I think somewhere in the thread, there's a pic of all the parts and fluids I bought just prior to the swap.

Good luck