Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ME WANT:p

Re: Re: Type R Replica kit

Originally posted by RiCeCoOkEr1280

My interpretation of this would be all 6 six pieces, just like the real kit. We'd have to take off our existing front and rear bumper covers and put these on, along with the lips. We most likely WOULDN'T have to make any modifications to our front bumper support since they'll make the necessary adjustments for the Si.

I'm in for sure. :) I was just waiting for someone out there to make a replica kit. $2000 is too much for a body kit.
    if the bumpers were included and molded for the Si, then they would be exact replcas of what we have now. There's no way a JDM bumper will fit unless the bumper support itself was removed.

OK Good response. Heres the deal. I had a manufacturer ask me if it was worth it and how about to do it. The kit would be fiberglass, urethane costs way too much to make. The front bumper would have to be modified to fit with the reinforcement bar in the front while allowing the JDM front lip to fit. Thats pretty much the only problem he has run into. Otherwise it is still a six piece kit. I will give him the go to make it and I will try it out on my EP just to see problems we run into. Then we will make adjustments and sell from there. 6 pieces just like the original. This way if a mugen copy arises we can simply replace the type r lip with the mugen style lip. Sound GOOD?

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA

Nope. Don't like fiberglass... will wait for urethane...

Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
    OK Good response. Heres the deal. I had a manufacturer ask me if it was worth it and how about to do it. The kit would be fiberglass, urethane costs way too much to make. The front bumper would have to be modified to fit with the reinforcement bar in the front while allowing the JDM front lip to fit. Thats pretty much the only problem he has run into. Otherwise it is still a six piece kit. I will give him the go to make it and I will try it out on my EP just to see problems we run into. Then we will make adjustments and sell from there. 6 pieces just like the original. This way if a mugen copy arises we can simply replace the type r lip with the mugen style lip. Sound GOOD?

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA
    screw that, I hate this modifying crap. After the cost of having everything modified, it's not worth it. I'll wait for a good urethane kit.

ephatch member
    if the modifications are minor it might be doable. I guess we run into this brick wall everytime. we may have to deal with a little modification of the bumper just because the Si was made a little different than the type R (as far as bumpers go)

I'm still down to purchase one, even if modifications are required. I know a pretty good body shop that would hook up paint and installation. :D

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    No sensible daily driver is going to want that much fiberglass, that close to the ground. Although, there is the occasional unexperienced person who wants to save some bucks and will buy the kit, if you make it. Most of us are going to wait for urethane.

Originally posted by dustinhurley
    No sensible daily driver is going to want that much fiberglass, that close to the ground. Although, there is the occasional unexperienced person who wants to save some bucks and will buy the kit, if you make it. Most of us are going to wait for urethane.
    yeah, I've spoken to some friends about this, and they say stay away from fiberglass. They say it breaks easy, no matter how strong they say it is, the paint comes off easier...etc.

ephatch member
    so whats the latest showstoppers?

post some pics for us if you can

Type R lip made for the USDM front and Rear bumpers? then you get to keep the stock bumper and reinforcement bar, just add on the type r lips. Still in fiberglass though. Comments?

Chuck

that sounds a little better, but it might look odd with our crappy rat nosed bumpers sticking out so far.

ephatch member
    its alot better because a whole front bumper made of fiber glass is too much fiberglass IMO. Add on lips would be alot better.

ephatch member
    not too bad, but in all honestly hard to tell till i see how it looks on an ep.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information