Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i love my car and can sit there and stare at it for hours. hey guys you think the black housing for the head light is a good idea or not? i wanna do it tommorow but i dunno.

ephatch member

Re: Just expressing my opinion/sadness of the Si

Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    Well, i just came back from surfing TOV and i must say...some of the members make the Si sound so weak and obsolete...No double wishbone, no braking power, no engine power, no 6-speed, no looks, no nothing...Im not just gonna go jump on the "I hate EP and think they suck" train...but some of it is true...The SVT (STOCK)can for price, value, power, kill us, And not to mention all those other CHEAP CHEAP high power pocket rocket cars coming or out already. it seems the Si came out either too late or too early and for too much...

Im telling myself these things to make me feel better (lolol)
    1. Honda isnt competing with all those other companies...they just want to make a quality car which is fun to drive and fits taller people.
    2. All those stock rockets are way more tuned than our Si's and if we tuned ours equally we could smoke them.
    3. Our cars cost more because of quality products...

DO not get me wrong...i really really appreciate and am thankful for this cute little egg-shape looking car but its too weak to race any other car within range of performance(stock)

so why do you people like the si over those other cars? is it just that you dont care about racing? or what?
    hmmm i dont know what ur talking about.. tell me a better valued car then si right now under 20k .

ppl are/ewre getting 02 sis for $15~16 easily. I dont think there is a better value out there.

1. All the car dealers are competing with each other..

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    In Canada, the SiR is selling for $3000 less than the BASE GTI 1.8T and $4000 less than the Focus SVT.

Now... NOBODY can tell me that these cars are worth that much more than the SiR!

Also... How many Golfs you see in a day? Can you count that high? How many Neons? How many Focuses(Foci?)? How many RSXs?
    Now how many Si's do you see in a day? Myself, I usually only see one a day... And it's mine! The most I've seen at once were 5 (in a dealer's lot) On the road, I have only seen 1 red one and 1 silver one... Mine's black. As far as I know, I own the only black SiR in Nova Scotia.

As far as comparing our car to souped-up neons and foci, well that's BS as far as I am concerned. I bought my car as an alternative to a Benz C230K. The SiR was just as fast, just as refined, and just as unique as the Benz hatchback... for about $10K less.

The defining feature of our cars over the Foci, the neons, etc. is REFINEMENT. The RSX offers that too, but at the expense of the Si's versitility as a true hatchback.

My $0.02(Canadian)
    :)

Toronto Canada we live in Igloos and have Polar bears for pets

Wink

;) The reason all of us bought the SI is for one reason. If you want problems you buy any other car if you want reliability, good looks and dam high resale value you buy a Honda. You have to give it to the nipps at honda they think everthing through before they make a production model unlike other manufactuers.

Originally posted by !@#$%
    We are complaining about 1-2 notchiness....thats about it....
    It was 50 degrees here last friday and I drove 2 hours in the ep....with the temperature increase my 1-2 shift felt 1000 times better. In fact, it felt like a totally different shifter.

Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    see, about the turbo neon....some say its gonna be really really quailty and no fake cheap looking plastic all over the place...i dunno tho...i for one thinks its gonna be cool for a while and those teen ricers are gonna have fun with them....but i just resent getting smoked by cars cheaper than mine....sigh...maybe this is what its all about....
    a neon are you kidding me, the handling on them is shit because the tires stay vertical 100% they can't lean to the left or right so the handling is shit, not to mention that dodge warranties are shit, honda has the best warranties when it comes to modding cars out of all of those companies, you can have a CAI let it suck up water and screw the whole engine up, and honda will still replace the engine, if most of those companies even see a cai on it they won't even work on the engine, you decide when it comes down to it

Originally posted by Mudokon

a neon are you kidding me, the handling on them is shit because the tires stay vertical 100% they can't lean to the left or right so the handling is shit, not to mention that dodge warranties are shit, honda has the best warranties when it comes to modding cars out of all of those companies, you can have a CAI let it suck up water and screw the whole engine up, and honda will still replace the engine, if most of those companies even see a cai on it they won't even work on the engine, you decide when it comes down to it
    REALLY? Would you mind telling me which honda dealer will replace my engine when I cause damage through abuse? Each dealer has different policies, but NONE have a policy that says, "When fools break they engines through mod's + abuse, we replace them, no questions asked."

This has been discussed before, and you ought to use the search feature to read up - ANY DEALER OF ANY BRAND OF CAR MUST HONOR YOUR WARRANTY FOR ANY TYPE OF WORK UNLESS WHAT YOU DID TO MODIFY IT CAUSED THE DAMAGE IN SOME WAY. That is a law. Thus, both of your statements are incorrect; other companies HAVE TO work on warrantied engines w/CAI (provided the CAI didn't cause the damage), and honda WILL NOT replace an engine that has been damaged through abuse or modification.

Re

I like my EP just fine. I converted from owning a VW to a Honda. I bought my EP because it was cheap ($16k), was quick, and it was way more reliable than my 2000 Golf.

Sure, an SRT-4 is faster but its still a Neon. The EP is unique. There are no other cars in the Honda lineup that look like them. And quite frankly, when I see one on the road, I am surprised. I haven't seen an SRT on the road, or an SVT. I don't "race" or go to the track that often, I just like having a hatchback that can get up and move if need be. Do i think Honda could of done better....yes. But i don't regret my purchase. The Si, no matter how you slice it, is still a Civic. Its meant as a people mover first, and race car second. If you wanted a 14 sec car, why didn't you get one? Didn't you test drive the EP first?

plainol2k2si, been diagnosed bi-polar lately?

ps: if you wanted a fast car why did you buy a honda? you coulda dropped your $15k on a used WS6 and run 12's easy. because you know, somewhere in that easily influenced head of yours, that there is more to a car than merely it's acceleration from 0 to 1320 feet.

Honestly
    i would take a less powerful honda
    over a turbo dodge
    ford
    turbo protege

i mean sure its cool to have the quickest car "at the time"

BUT after about 100k i wanna see how many turbo neons are not in the shop for major service

does ANYONE else think that they just put the turbo on the neon to get all the kids to get one and THOUGHT nothing about long term investment?

i mean i dont care the resale of my Si in 5 years but i AT LEAST want it to still run OR not have alot of DOWNTIME while i have to own it

Originally posted by Type X
    Honestly
    i would take a less powerful honda
    over a turbo dodge
    ford
    turbo protege

i mean sure its cool to have the quickest car "at the time"

BUT after about 100k i wanna see how many turbo neons are not in the shop for major service

does ANYONE else think that they just put the turbo on the neon to get all the kids to get one and THOUGHT nothing about long term investment?

i mean i dont care the resale of my Si in 5 years but i AT LEAST want it to still run OR not have alot of DOWNTIME while i have to own it
    TRU THAT !!:)

ephatch member
    I think buying a car is like a marriage. Anyone who buys a car like a Dodge Neon just because it is fast is like a woman who marries a man simply because he has a lot of money. She ignores a lot of other things like character and respect.

I love seeing the "Honda Si" on my car; it's synonymous with character, quality and reliability.

Heh, Turbo Neon, Heh. Of course when you stick a turbo on a car the horsepower jumps significantly. But ask yourself this, Would you have bought a regular neon and then slapped a turbo on it? Probably not because it would just be a neon with a turbo. I bought my Honda for a ton of reasons, most are mentioned above in this topic already. One of the main selling points is the Honda name. When you say Honda it is synonomous (sp?) w/ quality, reliability, and numerous other things. Then say Neon... :p I rest my case. BTW, slap a CAI on the Si, it will change your mind.

plaino: Lots of people in africa are starving and drive yugos! Be happy for what you got! hehe.

if the yugos were constructed completely of cheetos, there would be no problem....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information