Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Neuspeed exhaust installed

Initial Impressions:
    IMO, the twin-tip look suits our cars much better than a big can. This exhaust looks very good, although I would have prefered rolled tips. What might not be noticable from the website is that the tips are staggered (the left one sticks out farther than the right), so that it follows the countour of the bumper - very slick. There are also Neuspeed logos etched on each tip. The exhaust is made very well, and worth the money (if you have it). Comming off the cat, the pipe angles down toward the ground more than stock and then goes back up. So lowered cars might have a slight problem. I hear light scrapes on some speed bumps on my KW's (about as low as the Tein springs I had before).

Driving Impressions:
    I have not seen a dyno of this exhaust yet, although Neuspeed claims +6hp. Let me just say that I cannot feel any loss of mid-range torque, and it does seem to be a little better at 6000rpm and up. This is the only engine mod i have so far (no intake) so I'm sure there are some gains to be had. I mainly bought it for looks and sound.

Sound Quality:
    From off idle to about 5 grand it sounds simply awesome. It has a very deep sound and a wicked burble on decel or lazy shifting (what i call letting the rpm's drop a bit before shifting again). But it isn't as loud as I would have expected above 5000rpm. Maybe at that exhaust velocity, it's hard to have such a deep tone. Or maybe the engine simply drowns out the exhaust sound at higher rpm's. Also, the lack of an open intake might have something to do with it. Bottom line, I have no regrets.

Summary:
    Everyone has their opinions about looks, but to me, I think this is the nicest looking exhaust for the EP so far. I love driving this car and the exhaust has only enhanced the experience. The price I can handle, though some may scoff at Neuspeed (I picked it up for $750 cnd). It will be interstesting to see if the tonal quality changes once the exhaust "breaks in" and when I get an intake (come on V2!).

got pics??? :o

How did I know that was comming:)

Soon...

you got it for $750 Canadian?

WOW goog deal.

I thought they were going for $700 US

$700 is msrp.

I'll be ordering mine on Tuesday :)

I've got Injen CAI and DC Sports Header (along with eibach prokit, neuspeed front strut tower, konig 16' rated r wheels.) It will be quite interesting to see what this does for me... Maybe I should drop the extra $$ and dyno the thing before and after the exhaust. No hondata for me, I'm afraid of what I would do with it :p too much fun. (maybe thats next...)

lemme know what ya'll think.

joneSi
    Last edited by joneSi; 08-22-2003 at 03:13 PM.

Originally posted by SiR_d1
    you got it for $750 Canadian?

WOW goog deal.

I thought they were going for $700 US
    Where did you find it for this price? I'm in Canada too.

Originally posted by TEKBRAIN
    Where did you find it for this price? I'm in Canada too.
    damn its been so long I can't remember who told me this. It was another Canadian member and I read it on his post

I live my life Turbo Free
    RobearRacing.com has them for $565 US. If youre a member of 7thGenCivic.com, you get another 5% off(im pretty sure, unless the prices listed are after the discount)

heres mine . i paid $550 for mine right before it went back to the retail price of $700
    Ditto to everything silentplanet said about this exhaust.
    i also noticed at about 85 to 90 mph and 4500 rpms it tends to get very quiet. its just a slight hum and with the stereo up its almost silent. Very Well Made Exhaust!!! id pay the 700 for it if it were that much when i bought it.

could u possible post a sound clip plzz???:*

Where can I find this exhaust at a lower price? bringing the old thread back alive since the link above no longer has it

I going to tag onto this thread, as I would be interested in this exhaust if it was available at a decent price.

Especially since the poster is complaining about how quiet it is, that is exactly what i want.

It would have to be used, its discontinued.

Über Geek
    about 6 months ago you could have ordered it straight from Neuspeed for $500 bucks.

I wish I would have bought it then, since it is now discontinued and hard to get without shelling out about $600 for a brand new one (still hard to find) or pay less for a used once, with who knows what kind of wear/tear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information