Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
What do you want your suspension for?

Do you have some approximate corner weights?
No corner weights yet.

My focus is in this order...

1) replace all bushings

2) replace all balljoints (already have front lower on order from Honda, but need guidance on front uppers as i would like to have quality upper arms for caster/camber adjustment with an OEM balljoint if possible)

3) see if suspension is square and true (its been hit in the front and the right rear LCA chassis mount looks as if its was drug over a curb or something and slightly tweaked. This was another reason i was considering a hatch and ditching this chassis. If the suspension isnt true than im wasting my time with whatever else i do to it.)

At this point if the chassis can be aligned and is true with new/tight OEM parts, then i will start throwing $ at the chassis itself. At this point everything i will have done to it can be removed and installed on another chassis (hatch or coupe). So no loss of $.

4) i already have a sleeve over setup with Hypercoil springs... but they need to be updated with new struts and rates for the additional weight of the added K (i know the corner weighting will help here),

Wheel and tire research is being done... looks like i can do 16x8 +30 front (im gonna have a lot of rip... so i wanna have the grip to use it) and 16x7 +30 in the back... tire size is unknown. I would like to use hollow swaybars if i could, the Hotchkis bars i had on my EP3 really impressed me. I dont know if that route is possible.

5) smaller gas tank from the econo hatch (HX i believe). One of my biggest beefs with coupes is the feel of the weight out past the rear axle (versus a hatch)... the smaller tank will help reduce that feel.

6) stitch welding the lower half of the car, meaning no added welds higher than shoulder height. A cage will be overkill (weight), and this will give me an opportunity to pull every ounce of seam sealer off the chassis.

7) chassis repaint and addition of noise dampening. This car resonates its ass off. The noise is cool for the first couple rips through the gears... i want some civility for my auditory nerves.

That vid for the Singer Porsche really hit me hard. Its ok to have a bad ass car with some Grey Poupon on the side...