I have finally decided it's time to install a helical. I shoulda done this years ago, but hey, thats how I roll.
I am waiting on a quote from LKQ for an 07 Si gear box with a damaged case. If the price is not agreeable I will be ordering the MFactory diff and an oem bearing/ seal kit for assembly.
My thinking is to have the syncros replaced outright while the case is split and everything laid bare. I have no reason to think nor suspect syncro failure or wear, but again, I dont wanna have to go in there again in a year for something I can pm now. What are the benefits of carbon faced syncros over standard factory and what is the wear like using them? Car is daily driven, 220ish horsespowers A2 mated to an otherwise stock 6 speed gearbox with a CC stage 1 (7 puck disc) clutch kit. I drive like an old lady 90% of the time, but I will drive the piss out of second and third gears in the hill country.
Second consideration involves gearing. Assuming I pick up the FA/FG tranny is there any benefit to swapping gears or final drive between the 2? I would love to lengthen first and second, but considering the cash outlay, I would rather not buy anything other than what is absolutely neccesary.
I thank you guys in advance, and as always I appreciate the input and information gathered.