Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

k24A1 PREP SWAP questions

Sup Y'all, this is about my first swap.The engine is currently on a jack stand soon to be put in my hatch with the stock tranny but before then, I am replacing my head gasket, timing chain, and clutch this weekend. Question is if I could use the base RSX Service manual for bolt torque specs on the crankshaft bolt(if it has one) and rocker arms? i bought some ARP Head bolts so ill use the torque specs from whatever is in the instructions.

Long story short, this engine was previously installed by a shop in MS and when all said and done they told me it had a blown head gasket. The person that sold me the engine gave me a k24a8 in return. Instead of sticking with the k24a1 I wanted to do the swap again myself to put in the k24a8 since it only had 17,000 miles on it. Last weekend after pulling out the a1 engine I found out the a8 engine was seized due to a heavy build up of rust in one of the cylinders. After taking it all apart and honing it there wasn't any pits. I then decided that ill probably just sell it to someone that is interested in rebuilding it. I'm so damn indecisive

Iv'e been reading up on the k24A1 swap and I've read that the stock exhaust manifold wont fit but when i unbolted the exhaust manifold from the midpipe(or what ever its called) it seemed to bolt up fine even with the front swat bar still on. Should i plan on getting a different exhaust manifold? I also plan on purchasing RSX 310cc injectors tomorrow since i am still currently using the k20a3 ecu. Anything else I should include with the injector purchase or in general?

Thanks for any replies
    Last edited by reszmeth; 10-18-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Thread Information