We have decided that the first path to take is the NA route. We are morphing a K24A1 with a K20A1.

We have torn the engine down more and here are a few pictures. To say the least, Honda engineers never cease to amaze me. Even their corporate mule motor has racing technology all through it.

The outer bore wall is thicker on the major and minor thrust to increase strength. The bottom of the block has a kick-out area build into it for windage. I also noticed that the block has the provisions for oil squirters but they are not machined. The bore is 87mm with a 99mm stroke (2353cc), rod length is 5.980" (RS-1.53), and the deck height is approximately 9.105".

The small end of the rod is bushed making the piston a full floater and the piston skirts are coated from the factory. The rods are a little scary looking.

The piston is strutted from the factory with a 1.2mm top ring, 1.2mm second ring, and a 2mm oil ring. The piston only weighs about 315g, which is extremely light for a stock piece.

We are having custom pistons made (11.5:1 compression) and am looking into using TSX rods. We will be using as many K20A1 parts as we can.

I will keep this thread going as I have new pictures and/or info.

Thanks,