Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trying to find out about my suspension....

I bought an 04 EP a few days ago and I am trying to find out about it's suspension setup. The dealer said it had a DC Exhaust, when in fact it's an Apex'i so I'm not trusting 100% what they told me, although that coulda been just an honest mistake. Most of the stuff they are not sure of the brands just what it supposedly has.

Here is what I know:

*Tires = 205/45/16 Falken ZIEX ZE512 (Front is real worn).

*Springs = Unsure, drop is leaving 1 1/2 - 2 fingers between fender and tire. (The springs are yellow in color, Neuspeed maybe)?

*Struts/Shocks = Unsure, might be stock any way to tell?

*Camber Kit = Dealer says there is one and the tires are straight with the drop, so it leads me to believe this is true, anyway to know for certain?

*Sway/Strut bar = Dealer says there is a front and rear. I think I see the front very close to the firewall in the engine bay on top. Not sure where the rear one would be.

Anyways, I am asking mostly because I am scared of speed bumps and taking this one I HAVE to go over at my apartments, even at an angle it hits something under the car each time, and skips my radio! It's not scraping the body, except under the front bumper where it's not visible. Some curbs kill me also even when angling and slow.

I was curious if moving to 17's or 18's (I'd have to get new rims then though), would raise it a little more? I like the look and I like the way it's handling though. Any info helps, I'm a newb to lowered vehicles.
    Last edited by IcyDeath; 05-09-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Thread Information