My car is an 02 with 74k miles on it. Recently the throw out bearing started whining, so I replaced it with a Honda OEM part. About 2 months later it started again but this time it sounded as if the clutch had exploded in the case. Upon removal of the trans I found chunks of metal everywhere, apparently my clutch had literally disintegrated as did the throw out bearing. The throw out bearing had gotten so bad it broke the shaft which it rides on off of the trans case. I used paint to highlight the part, hopefully it will make more sense than my rambling.

It made a clean break. God willing I am going to either weld this back on, or I'm gonna burn my ep3 to the ground. This pos has been a headache since day one. Any advice on wtf to do here? A new clutch case is going to break the bank, ($250 From local Honda Dealer) and I am not willing to invest more time into this repair. Almost curious if I can keep the shaft off but I'm affraid the throw out will ride directly onto the output shaft, or will the master cylinder keep it aligned? Thanks in advance for any replies.