Not sure if this belongs in this forum, if not please move it.

I have been trying to understand the difference between power and torque and this is my understanding so far, Please correct me where I am wrong.

Assuming everything else is equal between 2 cars the car with more torque will accelerate faster in any given gear.

A car with more power will be able to use a lower ratio gear while going faster.

So by increasing my overall torque, my car will accelerate faster in any gear, by increasing power, my car will be able to maintain acceleration at a higher speed by keeping in a lower gear, and therefore experience less of acceleration that comes from shifting gears.

This being said if you look at the chart below you will see that our cars produce more torque than an RSX-S at most RPM's (the RSX-S) takes over at 6500rpm.

So if you look at the Hondata tune provided, it increases Torque at all RPM's and will therefore make the car feel faster in any given gear. It becomes a lot more complicated when you want to work out what is faster (you have to consider what speed you are going when you shift gears etc.)

Am I completely off?