i have an 03 Si, stock a3 motor.

I recently put a jrsc race kit on it, with the hondata reflash. The only other engine mods i have is a comptech air box. anywho, i put the car on the dyno and checked a/f. the afrs were in the mid 12s on the initial hit and trickled down to the mid 11's at redline. prefect IMO for a boosted motor. moderate power and yet reliable ratios.

well the numbers were no where near what i was hoping for. it made 165whp and 148tq... eek! way way less than i was expecting. i have ran it with a boost gauge and it hold 7-8psi all the way to redline, so its not a boost leak... also, power tappers off at 7000rpm instead of peaking at 7500 as whats shown on hondatas site. im thinking the stock exhaust just isnt flowing enough at high rpm, and choking up the motor.

i started doing research which got me here. seems like EVERYONE else seems to make 220ish with the race kits. but they ALL have a header and exhaust. so, is there really a hidden 30-40whp in just a header and exhaust?

another bit of helpful info, the motor is healthy because not too long ago it made 138whp without the SC. which is right on par with all other stock ep3's.