Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DIY : rsx-s cluster into EP3

From MugenReplica :

Here's the EM2 info.....if it helps. I bought some products off from the orginal Ep3 to RSX cluster swap, but I can't recall his name at the moment.

This is from an old Ephatch member.....James Cardenas....

Color matched most of the wires.

i have 1 wire left over from the dc5 pig tails (black yellow)
    and 3 wires on the car harness (red black)(blue black)(white)[/QUOTE]

Items Needed:
    -DC5 Cluster w/ Pigtails

1. Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery

2. Remove the cluster bezel

3. Remove the cluster

4. Cut off the 2 plugs that goes to the cluster

5. Strip the wires where you just cut off the plugs and on the DC5 cluster pigtails.

6. Solder each wire by color. The 01-02's will only have one ground wire (blk), so what you gotta do is connect the 2 ground wires from the dc5 cluster pigtails to the one ground wire on the dash harness. The 03-05's have 2 grounds. The DC5 ITR cluster does not have Cruise Control or Immobilizer so those 2 wires will not be connected if you choose to use this cluster. After soldering, heatshrink the exposed wire.

(so i don't confuse anyone, the pink wire had to be lengthened along with 2-3 other wires. i didn't have any pink wire so i used another color.)

7. Plug in the harness to the cluster & reconnect the negative terminal on the battery. Test drive the car to see if everything is working.

8. Re-fit the cluster bezel. It won't fit correctly, so what you gotta do is look where it hits the cluster and dremel that part off little by little. Take your time on this or else it will look like crap. It took me about an hour to get it nice. When everything is fitted you will have a gap at the bottom. The only way to fix this is to fiberglass the bezel to cover the gap.

9. Finished conversion:

Last edited by ImportCustomx; 03-08-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Thread Information