Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EP3 wire tuck thread.... lots of noob questions

Considering a minor (probably turn into a major haha) wire tuck this coming winter and I want to get an idea on what I’m getting myself into. If there was information on this site it was lost in the site crash cause there is virtually nothing on here, unless I’m missing it in my searches. I’m going to employ the help of some more knowledgeable friends but they’re not too familiar with K series engines/cars. I’m a noob when it comes to electrical wiring.

I’d like to do the following:

1- Relocate battery to hatch

2- Relocate fuse box to behind bumper or glove box (depending on which is easier)

3- Remove ABS (mine already doesn’t work so no biggy) will purchase ABS delete kit here http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=757257

4- Remove a/c (never use it).

5- Remove cruise control (already deleted with aftermarket steering wheel)

6- Try to tuck/move around anything else on stock engine harness.... not sure if much can be done here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

With that in mind I have a million questions......

- How much cutting and soldering is required to move the fuse box to the bumper as opposed to the glove box?

- The fuse box is connected to the battery on one end, just 2 power wires correct? And off the other end (lots of wires), it runs down into the back of the engine bay and appears to run into the cabin and I assume to the ECU? If I pull it into the glove box the only cutting required would be the 2 power wires running to the battery correct?

- Batter relocation is pretty straight forward. Using this as a guideline but will put in hatch somewhere http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=633478 . This requires new wires/connections for the battery to fuse box x2, battery to alternator and batter to starter. Grounded in hatch somewhere.

- Has anyone compared how the oem engine harness compares to a Rywire engine harness? How much cleaner does it actually look? Does the oem harness have any hiding ability.

- Can I just remove cruise control throttle cable and leave old TB bracket as is?

- More questions to come haha. Feel free to add anything relevant.
    Last edited by 88crx; 08-05-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Thread Information