Ok so I have heard in multiple places that when Honda updated (facelift) the ep3, among other things they changed something with the EPS "based on Honda literature, this facelifted (FL) model was targeted at addressing customers' and critics' feedback such as understeer on the limit (due to the front Macpherson strut setup), numb steering response and lack of low end torque."

So I have done a little searching but to no avail. What is different between the 02-03 and the 04-05 EPS? I am also surprised that no one has worked on swapping parts either from old to new or new to old to supplement this "Criticism". I personally think the EPS is almost indistinguishable from standard (traditional) power steering in other cars under daily driving and some spirited driving (havent had enough experience autox with the EPS yet to really make a personal decision). Unfortunately there is no way to compare an ep3 with EPS vs an ep3 with traditional power steering to get a real comparison. If anyone with some experience could chime in I would appreciate it. I will post similar threads on H-T and cep3 seeking knowledge as well. Thanks for your time

CLIFF NOTES:
What is different in EPS between EP3 gens?
Can parts be swapped between generations so for example a pre-facelift model could have these benefits of better p/s?
Would it even be worth the time, money, or effort to swap/source such parts?