Hi,

I have searched and read many threads regarding which clutches/fly combos work...however, I am still left with some questions. My 160k km stock clutch is feeling like it's going soon, and I have some track days coming up, and might as well replace it. I am leaning towards an Exedy Stage 1 clutch for its durability as well as DD drivability. The Exedy website claims that to use this clutch in the k20a3 tranny, i MUST use its HF02 lightweight flywheel. That's fine and all, except the flywheel is too $$, considering that many users are using the 05-06 RSX type S flywheel. So here are my questions:

- I have read that to use a type S flywheel, i need to also use a type S clutch, or else the retaining pins or something won't line up. BUT, if i use an Exedy stg 1 clutch, does that not matter anymore? On the Exedy website, the stage 1 kit is the same model # for both the k20a2 and the a3, and their lightweight flywheel is also the same for both cars/trannies.

- should I not use a type s tranny with an exedy stage 1? ie. do i have to use the Exedy fly with the clutch?

- I have read that the 05 type s flys weigh about 9 lbs....but i have also read that they weigh 16 lbs = stock ep3 fly. anyone know the weight?

I just want to be clear on everything before i go buy something that will cause a hassle, thanks!

Regards,

Acemanic